Aircon not working on 12v

Alice1

Free Member

Our 2004 Burstner T-Star 680 has a Waco Easy Cool EC-2500/3000 AC/DC air con unit. It works just fine on the EHU but doesn’t react when on the 12v system. The green indicator light shows it’s getting 12v supply but nothing happens. I’ve replaced batteries in the remote and checked that there is no timer set etc., but alas it don’t want to know! Reading the big manual for it hasn’t provided any clues as to what’s wrong. Any one any ideas before my missus melts completely? Jerry

image.jpg

Is the red light on ? doesn't look like it so that would tend to show that battery voltage is OK . So either ats isnt working ,
or inverter isnt providing 220v . I take it you arent on ehu ?

Not on EHU at present. Tried it last night on 240AC EHU & it was fine. It just doesn’t do anything. No red flashing light. Just the blue power light. Dodgy/broken circuit board or something perhaps?

No. Doesn’t need engine running. Works through inverter from leisure batteries. System worked fine earlier in the year when we were in Spain in Feb.

No. Doesn’t need engine running. Works through inverter from leisure batteries. System worked fine earlier in the year when we were in Spain in Feb.
Depends on which Waeco DC Kit you have but some have a trigger wire that allows the AC to run but the engine must be running. Have you checked for this? The Inverter will still give output, but the AC won't turn on until the signal is received showing the engine operation. Using the Ac without engine support will draw the life out of a typical battery bank in no time at all. This was on a short run of DC kits, can't remember the year but it was a limited run.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back