Aires in France with toilets.

Has anyone any suggestions for aires in France with toilets that are open overnight? Yes, well aware of the condition of some of them but only have a campervan and would like to do a bit of touring without the cost of campsites every night. Park4night etc show some but would appreciate any info from people who have used them (or stayed on aires where they are available
Hardly any in our experience. All they offer is toilet disposal. Don’t you have a portable potti?

If you want to use aires you need your own facilities. There are some very small toilets that will fit in a cupboard. If you are using aires then you can empty every day. There are very few with public toilets, even less with ones that you are happy to use

Guess again because you are totally wrong! A rather nice campervan with rock and roll bed and plenty of storage! Not sure why you have deduced otherwise? Many thanks to those who gave constructive replies. Much appreciated and food for thought.
Just a mattress thrown in the back of a van is my guess

A couple of years ago I spent 3 weeks touring round France in my Autosleeper Trooper (pop top VW) and used my porta potti - just as I did when travelling all over the UK. France is easier than UK as 99% of Aires have a WC disposal, so it can be emptied daily if you'd rather not carry it around with contents.

We have mostly explored Normandy in our motorhome but we have found some aires with toilets open 24 hours on site and they have been in acceptable condition. Bricquebec, Sourdeval, Voutre (Pays de Loire) all have toilets. We use the book All the Aires, which is excellent and states in the information for each aire whether or not it has a toilet. Just looking down the pages randomly, I'd say that around a quarter of aires have toilets.

I stayed last week at an aire with a toilet block. It is one of the Camping Car Park aires.

Look Here

I found one other, again CCP but I have not visited, just says the toilets are open April to December.

Maps Link

Last edited:
Has anyone any suggestions for aires in France with toilets that are open overnight? Yes, well aware of the condition of some of them but only have a campervan and would like to do a bit of touring without the cost of campsites every night. Park4night etc show some but would appreciate any info from people who have used them (or stayed on aires where they are available
Andy, all good points and don't get too upset at our humour but for your own ease of mind any type of pota-poti is fine

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back