Algarve Extreme Weather

Penny13

Be careful guys we where flooded at Camperstop Messines today and had to leave. Scary but luckily once the water subsided the bridge was still there. Extreme weather in the Algarve at the moment.

We have extreme wind here on the Spanish coast and I'm not talking baked beans :p

We're loving it.
East of Faro is usually more sheltered.
The rain is gentle and not likely to wash our lane away, but enough to fill the depleted reservoirs. The Southerly winds are relatively warm, so heating is on low.
Shopping in the big town, was a doddle, this morning. The locals don't venture out.
It was worse in Salford, in Late August, this summer.
It won't get much worse than this.

Much the same , this morning.
Wind velocity dropping. Lovely rain .
The whole valley is coloured many shades of green .
A massive change from 2 weeks ago, when all was brown and dusty.

We believe Messines will be permanently shut talking to others we met there. Andre is very sad as we are, it was a tranquil friendly place to be we made many friends. But I must say if he opens again be very careful don’t park on his bottom layer. We won’t be returning.
It was the scariest thing that has happened to us yet ? The first time this happened the bridge washed away lucky for us this time it didn’t. We are normally very wary of weather but complacency over three years of staying there was our mistake.

3B2A144D-5528-4D1D-8433-D000CCB8A4DF.jpegAC406F9D-295F-4486-8113-F5CA98752F10.jpeg276E63B0-3288-407F-98C3-16DAE4E16E3C.jpeg1425AC60-C22F-4239-BE00-B43B190918D7.jpeg

It looks like there’s enough of you to sort it out before we get there late February.
My one wish, less rain, less wind, more sun than last year. 🤞

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back