Alternative to Whale Aquamaster or a work-round of some sort?

• Thread starter Deleted member 6402
  • Start date

Deleted member 6402

I'm new to this having recently bought a Bailey Approach 740 just in time for lockdown 2.
Water system is Whale. Van came with the Whale electric pump, but that means lugging a big water can around. Better to fill with a hose, but the "official" Whale Aquamaster costs around £55 which seems an exorbitant price for a bit of hosepipe with a fancy plug at one end and a bog-standard tap fitting at the other.
Are there any simple adapters out there to make a connection (don't care whether it is original whale or just compatible.)
I have had a look at previous threads, and I don't really fancy cutting holes in the tank!

i think you're talking about a compartment on the side which holds a length of pipe with a drop-in pup attached , and you don't want to use the pump . if so cut off or disconnect the pipe from the pump ,warm it up with a hot air gun ,and stretch it onto a Hozelock straight connector

Hi what year is your van ..
As we have 2015 740' the out side connection point is just that not a pump.
Connect a hose to it to fill ...you have to turn on fill on control panel.also there is a hole in floor to fill manually..

i think you're talking about a compartment on the side which holds a length of pipe with a drop-in pup attached , and you don't want to use the pump . if so cut off or disconnect the pipe from the pump ,warm it up with a hot air gun ,and stretch it onto a Hozelock straight connector
Not quite as simple as that - the pipe to the submersible pump is in fact a double pipe. Anyway, I want to keep the pump intact assembly intact so that I can use it as intended if required.

Connect a hose to it to fill ...you have to turn on fill on control panel.also there is a hole in floor to fill manually..
2013 I think. The submersible pump attaches to the outside point, but it uses a special plug affair. The "official" Aquamaster hose affair also attaches to the outside point, and uses the same special connector.

Just noticed your second point - where is this hole in the floor?

OK. Keep it at my daughter's palatial mansion not at home so will get Photo next time I go there.
Just been to have a look and found the hole in the floor with Tank access (found waste tank hole as well) so that solves my problem - all I need is a lay-flat hose or one of those expanding things and can top up easily.
Thanks for your help.

Shame that some manufacturers can’t tell the difference between a motorhome and a caravan.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back