Alternatives to eBay?

Pudsey Bear

I was wondering if anyone had success with any of the eBay alternatives.

They have changed the listings tool and I find it awful so looking to see if there is anywhere worth a look.

I was wondering if anyone had success with any of the eBay alternatives.

They have changed the listings tool and I find it awful so looking to see if there is anywhere worth a look.
Dont know but im managing the new 1000 question form.
Have you tried facebook market place, wife uses it and no charge at all

I use FB Market Place with great results free to post, BUT I only sell locally , collection only C/O/D , often get requests from further away to post items Pay Pal and bank transfers NNOOOOO ! sorry I say , I do not have pay pal, don't like anything that has control of my money, and not sure about Bank transfer, I also double post my items on Gumtree, free to post there too , I do buy off E Bay at times but only pay with a Debit card ,

My wife loves crafting and buys on ALI BABA , Chinese site great value quality and price, but delivery times would drive you nuts, couple of months sometimes, comes on the slow boat from China hee hee, shouldn't buy from China really but even if you go into a craft shop in England they are selling Chinese stuff at a lot more money. This phone I an using is Chinese too.

I use Gumtree and have sold a couple of things on there.

I also post stuff for free on Freecycle. It's amazing some of the stuff that people are giving away for free on there tbh.

You still get time wasters in both though.

I use Gumtree and have sold a couple of things on there.

I also post stuff for free on Freecycle. It's amazing some of the stuff that people are giving away for free on there tbh.

You still get time wasters in both though.
Big fan of the Freecycle here too given many things away on that good way to get shot of scrap metal too always someone collects that no bother. Pics of 2 of the super items We received from the RE Cycle free

IMG_20221204_113908.jpgIMG_20221204_113901.jpg

We do use preloved and freecycle, but no good for selling, looks like I'm stuck with ebay for now.

I have sold some stuff on Gumtree Kev. Might be worth a punt as it's free to list stuff and no fees for selling.

I've tried it a few times, never sold a thing, never managed to buy anything off there either.

Reactions: GMJ
After getting caught with the item not arrived scam and full PayPal refunds given to people after they’ve collected an item it is now always cash on collection.

I use marketplace first and then eBay if the item hasn’t sold which is rare, marketplace place always seems to generate a feeding frenzy and most stuff is gone same day!

Yes loads of time wasters on fb market place, but unlike ebay its money at the door or in paypal first if they want it posted, cleared two shop full of marine clothing on fb no bother.

I find awful to use TBH, I have tried, even Ebay is not as easy as it used to be, it's been down grade to the American (thicko) version where the control of how the ad appears had almost gone.

Todays free item from the Free Cycle, just collected this under counter Freezer , about a mile from where we live, both our Freezers are full so needed another one for the Christmas stodge we need ??? to buy ?? including a Turkey Crown, after the new Year I will free cycle the Freezer on as we wont need it by then, love the Free Cycle .freezer as new , the Person giving it away is getting a bigger one ? too much money some folks ?

IMG_20221212_142653.jpgIMG_20221212_142702.jpg

EBay has become a bit weird and I'm not paying Amazon a yearly sum for four or five items a year, but weird or not I use ebay, I get stuff that I don't want to trudge around shops for (I live in the sticks) stuff for the dogs, toys, some medicines to keep them tip top, and most of what I get compared well with Amazon and that's with free postage, but I might give free cycle place a go, not done that yet.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back