Altimeter in the MH?

GMJ

Does anyone have an altimeter in their MH? I have it in mind to get one to stick on to the top of the binnacle as we often wonder as we are bimbling around, what height above sea level we are.

Can anyone point me to a cheap one? Self adhesive; battery powered or plug in would be fine.

ta

There is an app for your phone.
Does position and altitude and you can save the detail.
Needs internet albeit broefly

Last edited:
I just want one on display all the time tbh without having my phone there or the internet tbh but thanks anyway.:)

I bought a cheap sat nav which has one built in, it can be interesting when travelling across Spain to see how high up you are

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
Like Lee said if you use a satnav it will show the elevation, on the Garmin you can choose to see it all the time if that's what you want :unsure:

Regards,
Del

I've emailed Garmin as I cant see if my 760LMT-D has it. If anyone has the same sat nav and know how to set it up I'm all ears...:)

ta

I've emailed Garmin as I cant see if my 760LMT-D has it. If anyone has the same sat nav and know how to set it up I'm all ears...:)

ta
According to This yours has the altimeter function. (Even gives the speed of broken wind!)

Yes I saw that and had a good look through the functions on mine (before the battery ran out) and couldn't find it so I have emailed Garmin for a walk through to it.

Yes I saw that and had a good look through the functions on mine (before the battery ran out) and couldn't find it so I have emailed Garmin for a walk through to it.
If you go to the map view and press the bottom right button (usually shows time or direction of travel when not navigating) and altitude will be shown in the list, if you press the + sign next to it it will then show in the bottom right of the screen all the time 👍

Regards,
Del

This video explains it, although it's not a Camper it's the same principle.

Regards,
Del

I had a reply from Garmin...

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your email.

Unfortunately, the device does not have a altimeter.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Garmin Europe

What a twunt!

Tbf to the lad, when I emailed back and pointed out to him that it does, he came back with 2 useful links for anyone looking at this thread in the future...

Customizing the data fields on the map screen for an automotive device

Locating Current Elevation on an Automotive Device

Reminds me of somebody....won't mention any names... who didn't know his Garmin had a voice command function!
To be fair though, I only found mine by accident.;)

Reminds me of somebody....won't mention any names... who didn't know his Garmin had a voice command function!
Nobody listens to me anyway. A pointless function :cautious:

Works okay if you're an American, ay much use to us Yam Yams from the Black Country :ROFLMAO:

Regards,
Del

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back