Angles Morts stickers

big tom

Are these stickers reusable? I just don't like the idea of them being permanent. magnetic would be no good because of aluminum panels.

Last year mine were easily peeled off after several weeks use. I had not thought of keeping the backing paper. There was a small amount of grimy adhesive on the bodywork where they where stuck on the van. Easily removed with WD40 and kitchen paper.

This year I have retained the backing paper, but the stickers are still on the van from our 2 month trip during May and June. We hope to go to France again in September for 5 or 6 weeks. The rear one is starting to curl at two of the corners, and gathering dust and grime on the back. Given the cost of a set I won’t get too concerned. I have read of some on Facebook going to great lengths to sandwich them between sheets of Fablon and using adhesive tape round the edge. At least one has secured his to a sheet of Perspex which is mounted to the side of the van by suckers.

I see it as a necessary expenditure like lots of other holiday costs but would be more concerned about the bodywork behind a semi permanent sticker retaining the vans colour whilst the exposed panels gradually fade over a prolonged period of time.

Davy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back