Angles Morts stickers.

runnach

Prior to heading out to France I bought and put stickers on each corner of MH along the length, which do nothing to MH atheistic looks, in fact, I hate them.

Aire is busy tonight, us, UK, one Dutch plate, remainder French regs. Majority longer than our seven meter MH.

If these Angle Morts are a must have to keep legal, I wonder why we are the only vehicle with these hideous stickers fitted?

I bought a set last year as we’re over 3.5t but less than 7m long so look like a small motorhome. Never put them on as, like you I reckon they are hideous, but I had them with me. Never used them throughout our 2 month trip in France and I don‘t even know where they are now. Heading off in less than a month to foreign climes and I’m not going to bother with them!

Tony, I’ll leave them on and remove when I return home. And like you, MH weight is over 3.5t.

Another point, pic below of a Morrello Palace that rocked up to the aire, had stickers to front os & ns only.
1681671132415.png1681671132415.png

Terry, I bought stick on ones as there are no metallic panels on the motorhome for the magnetic versions, which I would have preferred. Hence my reluctance to put them on as I wasn’t sure what sort of mess they would make if I tried to remove them. I’ll be interested to hear how you get on removing them, But does this really look like it’s over 3.5t?

726C01BC-9B4E-4392-A8E5-E3A16D9D0BF2.jpeg

I have used the stickers together with a UK sticker in 2021 and 2022. My biggest concern was that if left in place it would cause uneven fading of the paintwork over time. Both years they were applied mid April for a trip to France and Spain of about 7 weeks duration. Home over the summer and about 4 weeks back in France sept to early October.
I remove them on return. They peel easily with a constant pulling pressure starting in one corner.

I find the area covered to be perfectly clean, but round the edges there is a faint outline of the sticker caused by road dirt ‘creeping’ under the edge of the sticker. It is slightly sticky but is easily removed with kitchen paper and a squirt of WD40.

I have the third set ready for this year although an impending op on my hand ( Dupuytrens ) is playing havoc with planning. I was contemplating only putting the two side stickers this year to avoid the camera flash for over 3500 kg vehicles, although we rarely if ever are close to the speed reductions on motorways, so a moot point.

I make sure I don’t have the stickers overlapping any decals.

Davy

I use the magnetic ones at the front and a sticky one at the back. I take the front ones off when not in France and I take your point about the uneven paintwork fading.

One chap on another forum said he applied a very thin veneer of Vaseline to the paintwork under his self adhesive ones, which made them very simple to take off afterwards.

Speaking to Bea about taking then off, the stickers. She reckons we could get stopped due to Uk number plate?
Defies logic while on a busy aire, our MH is the only one with these stickers 🤔

I work on the premise that if I'm stopped for any reason, I don't want to give les flics other things to do me for or for them to start making deeper enquiries. I figure that it's their country and rules and as a guest I'll abide by them.

Prior to heading out to France I bought and put stickers on each corner of MH along the length, which do nothing to MH atheistic looks, in fact, I hate them.

Aire is busy tonight, us, UK, one Dutch plate, remainder French regs. Majority longer than our seven meter MH.

If these Angle Morts are a must have to keep legal, I wonder why we are the only vehicle with these hideous stickers fitted?
hi. we bought a set because we always drive through France on our way to Spain . but didn't like the idea of sticking them on the m/h so put them in the glove box & that is where they stayed & if stopped just blame it on the wife for not putting them on . it was like we had to buy snow chains to go through the somport tunnel because anywhere through places like that now in France is obligatory to have them . Cheyanne

I too made up some magnetic ones for the front, and a "sucker" version for the back which is not metallic. Thin sheet ali with the sticker on it and a sucker in each corner. I also made up a fine tether which attaches to one of the light cluster screws. (Just in case the suckers failed?)
However as stated they are hideous, so they stayed in a cupboard, and I too was going to blame the wife! We have an old Benimar Perseo 710 CCX which also looks under 3500 but is actually uprated to 3850Kg.
Jeremy

Many years ago when my son went to Uni at Grenoble he arranged to rent a nice little flat down there. At the very last minute (my son was already en route) the landlord pulled the plug on the deal, transpiring that he had found somebody else to pay a higher rent. He obviously reckoned that as we were Brits he could get away with it but he hadn’t counted on a very angry Dad who spoke fluent French (and who knew all the swear words), having lived and worked in Paris for several years. I managed to really rip into him with the outcome that my son got a better flat for the same rent! In that instance speaking the local language certainly helped. Unfortunately many years later, although we go back to France every year the old French is getting a bit rusty now.

You are a visitor to the Country so it's only polite to follow their rules. What the locals do is upto them 😊 At least they can argue it out with the Police in fluent Fre
yes your right its a pity when people come to the uk they don't do the same :unsure:
I too made up some magnetic ones for the front, and a "sucker" version for the back which is not metallic. Thin sheet ali with the sticker on it and a sucker in each corner. I also made up a fine tether which attaches to one of the light cluster screws. (Just in case the suckers failed?)
However as stated they are hideous, so they stayed in a cupboard, and I too was going to blame the wife! We have an old Benimar Perseo 710 CCX which also looks under 3500 but is actually uprated to 3850Kg.
Jerem
hi marshman . ours is the same 3850kg but looks well under with being lo-line . Cheyanne

Attachments

• DSC01559.JPG
    DSC01559.JPG
    286 KB · Views: 9
Many years ago when my son went to Uni at Grenoble he arranged to rent a nice little flat down there. At the very last minute (my son was already en route) the landlord pulled the plug on the deal, transpiring that he had found somebody else to pay a higher rent. He obviously reckoned that as we were Brits he could get away with it but he hadn’t counted on a very angry Dad who spoke fluent French (and who knew all the swear words), having lived and worked in Paris for several years. I managed to really rip into him with the outcome that my son got a better flat for the same rent! In that instance speaking the local language certainly helped. Unfortunately many years later, although we go back to France every year the old French is getting a bit rusty now.

hi . Grenoble that takes us back to one of those drives of your life on the d1091 Grenoble to braincon just near Italian border superb . Cheyanne

Attachments

• DSC01497.JPG
    DSC01497.JPG
    305.8 KB · Views: 8
I carry a translater with me 🤭

We watched a Spanish woman nearly knocked over on a crossing. The exchange with the driver was at the usual very high volume ended in style by the wonan using the well known English phrase F*ck You as she walked off. Priceless 😂

You are a visitor to the Country so it's only polite to follow their rules. What the locals do is upto them 😊 At least they can argue it out with the Police in fluent French.
And the Brits have to argue their point in effluent French ... :D I don't understand the 'blame the wife for forgetting to stick them on/does this look like it's over 3.5 tonnes' approach. It's a legal requirement, rather like having to carry a valid Passport and Driving Licence, and not allowing unknown people to secrete themselves in one's Van ... :D

Steve

Were less than 7 mts and only just over at 3.85 t so I took a chance but put them in the glove compartment just in case. I guess you are only going to be challenged if something happens that involves the police i.e accident or speeding.

Reactions: GMJ
I have got magnetic ones, my van is a van conversion so plent of steel to stick them to if I decide to put them on.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back