Annoying Table

Brakers

Hi Guys and Gals
I’m in the process of buying a MH a Chausson Premium 768xlb and one thing I can’t stand about these MH is the fact that the table can’t be removed easily; has anybody removed one of these tables? Mine is the type a bit like the rise and fall office chairs; you push a leaver and press the table down and press it again and it rises up.

I want to get this table out of the MH and put in a smaller lighter fold down one.

Anyone got any Ideas?

Best Wishes Tony

Hi Guys and Gals
I’m in the process of buying a MH a Chausson Premium 768xlb and one thing I can’t stand about these MH is the fact that the table can’t be removed easily; has anybody removed one of these tables? Mine is the type a bit like the rise and fall office chairs; you push a leaver and press the table down and press it again and it rises up.

I want to get this table out of the MH and put in a smaller lighter fold down one.

Anyone got any Ideas?

Best Wishes Tony
Can't really help but i suspect every çhausson owner feels the same
Tables take up huge amount of space
Makes me think someone will have an answer

At this time of night it may be a silly idea, but---------------------sit on your fund and have a good look at the many used units for sale, it may not have all the buzzers and bells, but just have all that you are looking for

But wadder I know, it's kinda late and the red stuff is kicking in, but just a thunk

Probably the easiest thing to do would be to remove the table top, and have a smaller one made too use the existing base.

We remove ours in a rappido and fitted a boom table.which is now in our Bailey.
Much better.

I had the similar table removed from my Adria by the dealership prior to collecting the van. It was simply screwed to the floor with six or eight screws around the flange base. I think there were some plastic caps over the screw heads to remove first.

I love my table in my Chausoon had it nearly 8 years but it is something lots of owners do not like. Are you on Face Book there is a Chausoon owners group ? If not I will ask for you !

That layout looks almost identical to our Burstner, the thing that sold it to us was the vis a vis seating with that big table! The French live round their kitchen tables, and, living in France, we are adapting to that way of life too!
However, it can be removed, ours is screwed to the floor with 4 big Allen head screws, the heads are covered and once you find them, it should be a simple matter to remove it.
The dealer will probably do that for you, unless the table is needed for the drop down bed. Our table is fixed vertically, (although it can be moved horizontally around the pedestal,) and the drop down bed doesn’t lower as far as the table so it could be removed if needed.
If you remove yours and have a free standing table, you will need somewhere secure to keep it.

Similar table on our last van, the table was oblong and narrowed entry to the cab. I removed the 4 screws (worryingly long) turned the table 90 degrees refitted the screens and it made the world of difference.

Hi Guys and Gals

Anyone got any Ideas?

Best Wishes Tony
I took out the electric table from our Chausson 630 and replaced it with an island table with a removable single leg, what a difference it makes to the living space and weight (26kg!).

On the one I took out there was a plastic surround at the bottom of the leg which just needed prising up to reveal the retaining screws. Took them out, disconnected the electrics - job done.

To cover the resulting recess, I made a paper template and poked holes through where the screws needed to be, then made a 2mm aluminium plate, drilled and countersunk the retaining screw holes and made a hole large enough to take the bottom fitting of the new island table. Then drilled the six retaining bolt holes and attached the bottom fitting. 8A80C16F-3C2D-4E18-9B5E-E5B4D2AC40AC.jpeg8CD81482-1997-4868-AA11-0DF8E585058F.jpegF032B0D6-C3A7-4634-8153-62B8A6550346.jpeg045BEBFA-6207-4E3D-92DC-DF49E0EF2102.jpegFC7C77B5-E132-4124-9320-BBE589318374.jpeg

On the one I took out there was a plastic surround at the bottom of the leg which just needed prising up to reveal the retaining screws. Took them out, disconnected the electrics - job done.
Hi **** Nice job I think that is what I will be doing with mine. Thanks for the Pics as well.
Best Wishes Tony

Hi Tony, got the 3 table parts from clearcutconversions.co.uk

If you are going to do similar, just watch out when cutting the hole in the aluminium plate for the bottom fitting. I wanted it to be pretty tight to make the bottom fitting more rigid as the plate is only 2mm thick. Problem is the bottom fitting tapers so the end of it measures 58mm, but it tapers to about 63mm at it’s base. I used a tank cutter and checked what size I’d set it to on a piece of scrap wood.

The other problem I found is that the table top is lightweight and not very thick. I didn’t want to use small flimsy screws. See photo attached for the type of screw I used. You can get packs of them from IKEA, other places selling flat pack furniture will also have them. Just make sure that the holes you drill for them are as undersize as possible for tight fitting and obviously tape the drill so that you don’t go too deep and mess the whole job up!

Good luck.

Attachments

• 9C3D9704-8DF9-4768-A64A-BDC5F5F0BB73.jpeg
    9C3D9704-8DF9-4768-A64A-BDC5F5F0BB73.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 9
Hi Tony, one further observation having looked at the spec of your van. If you use the parts I suggest, I think the transverse drop down bed might clash with the table. Very simple solution is to remove the table before dropping the bed, but I’m guessing you will be using the rear island bed mostly anyway?

Hi Tony, one further observation having looked at the spec of your van. If you use the parts I suggest, I think the transverse drop down bed might clash with the table. Very simple solution is to remove the table before dropping the bed, but I’m guessing you will be using the rear island bed mostly anyway?
Hi **** I thank you for all your pics and how to do it; the drop down bed does not come down that far like some you need a ladder to get into it; I won't be using it I travel alone and happier that way I've no one to argue with except myself LOL.
Best Wishes Tony

I hate those ones with the big alloy thing on the floor, mine is a simple job which clips to the wall and the leg folds down and locks into a very tiny clip on the floor, the whole lot can fit on the toilet wall out of the way.table toilet door.jpgtable seats.jpg

We always take the big table out and replace it with one of these, weighs nowt and is big enough for two.

I usually leave them in the van and buy a new one for the next one.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back