Annoying water pump.

sydnsue

About once an hour, our Whale water pump kicks in for 1 second, obviously maintaining the pressure. I assume this means we have a small pressure leak but there is no water anywhere. How do I locate the problem?

You may be able to put a non return valve in the water tank depending on how much access you have ,like others have said I doubt it’s a leak ,my last van had this problem but as the switch was next to the tap I just turned it of .

We have same system which occasionally does the same. The cure for ours is to open and close the water heater drain/pressure rease valve (the one with the orange lever) a couple of times to get it to seat properly. The other time it does what you are saying is when the heater is cooling down. My theory is that as water expands when heated, then it the cools and takes up less space so the pressure drops and the pump makes up for that.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I was already turning off the pump but usually after I've been in bed for 20 minutes.? I will try the drain valve suggestion. This didn't used to do this so wondering if one of the items was faulty but without a visible leak, difficult to know what.

Our current MH does this as did the one we just sold. No water leaks just the odd 'fart' now and then from the water pump!

I tried to get it sorted in the last MH but am now at peace with myself and just live with it
smile.gif

Graham
smile.gif

Fair enough, I see your concern.

Initially ours didn't do it either so I had it investigated and all water pipe joints checked and tightened. It didn't solve it! I bought a John Guest push on non return valve...but forgot to fit it tbh
smile.gif

With our current MH, it didn't do it on the first trip or two and now but it does now.

Graham
smile.gif

Mines always done this. I fitted a Surflo pump to replace the old Whale pump a few years ago and its fantastic but it still burps every now and again. Never ever found any leaks although our hot water boiler since it was replaced a few years ago has always weeped a bit outside from the pressure valve I think so its probably that. I just give it a bit of a twiddle now and again and it usually solves it. Generally we turn the water off at night to avoid being woken up by the odd burp.

Ours did this too, turned out to be a very tiny leak in the pipe just before the toilet flush. Devil of a job to fix, it was in the most inaccessable place.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back