Annual Motorhome Travel Insurance that also covers non motorhome trips ?

paulhelenwilko

Hello all,

I hate paying for things twice. I am wondering if anyone has recommendations for Annual Travel Insurance that will cover Motorhoming in Europe and give good cover for non motorhoming trips into Europe.

A couple of years ago we had a Caravan Club Red Pennant policy that also had some limited 'other' trip cover.

Paul and Helen.

I thought 'travel insurance' was travel insurance only had to declare if it involved a cruise ship. We only have one annual travel insurance policy and it's good for all our trips: motorhome/plane/cruise ship/ferry etc
I think most travel insurance policies have many choices of what’s covered, from declaring medical conditions to age to sporting or other activities to the area of the world covered. Certainly medical cover for the USA means a big premium increase simply because the payouts can be huge,

i’m over 70 couple of declared conditions diabetes plus BP jan very similar but no diabetes just took out annual policy with saga max trips of 90 days £271 for the two of us very happy with that

I think my problem is because previously we had always bought a CC Red Pennant policy for European travel which combines the personal health and Motorhome breakdown (we found very good on the couple of occasions we needed it and were well looked after by the CC translators etc).
So I hadn't thought about seperating the Motorhome Cover from the personal.

Thanks for your help everyone, when we eventually decide to venture overseas again then I shall look at taking out seperate policies.

Paul

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back