Another clutch thread

Biggarmac

Rally Organiser

There has been a light coming on for weeks now. The van (Renault Master 2007 auto box) has been in garages in Italy, France and back home in Scotland. My garage though they had sorted it. Driven about 100 miles with no light coming on. Then bang the light came on closely followed by the van getting stuck in N. Now sitting waiting for Green Flag to take me home. On the main Kelso road out of Coldstream. Good job it did not fail in the wilds of Croatia when this saga first started.

I had a Lunar MH based on the Master with the Quickshift 6 gear box. It lost all of the auto functions but could be driven manually with the joy stick. The whole of the auto function had disappeared even from the control panel. To cut a long story short a couple of glow plugs had failed and the engine ECU had 'instructed' the gearbox control unit to default to manual. Not many people knew that in the early days of robotic gearboxes and there was some head scratching before it was diagnosed and fixed.

Thanks David. I'm in the breakdown truck now.
Thanks Ray. The van gears would not work in auto or manual.

This breakdown truck only just got the van on! Now in Kelso. They are sending a bigger truck as this one can't cope. Interesting going round corners (there are lots of them in the borders).

This breakdown truck only just got the van on! Now in Kelso. They are sending a bigger truck as this one can't cope. Interesting going round corners (there are lots of them in the borders).
And a pretty windy old road from Kelso to Biggar as well!

know how you feel. on thursday lost all gears on box and it would no longer start.aberystwth to chester services on recovery truck. next day 3 trucks from chester back home to the central belt. saga recovery provided by rac. no problem

Oh no. After you thought it was sorted third time/ garage was not lucky. At least it got you home. Blanche with you?

It took 7 hours to get the 60 miles home. The first truck they sent just got the van on but it was scary going round corners as it rolled too much. Had to be moved to a bigger truck. The first driver was not to keen on having a dog in the cab, but the second one was no prob.
The garage is struggling to diagnose the problem.

It took 7 hours to get the 60 miles home. The first truck they sent just got the van on but it was scary going round corners as it rolled too much. Had to be moved to a bigger truck. The first driver was not to keen on having a dog in the cab, but the second one was no prob.
The garage is struggling to diagnose the problem.
I can understand his point. Blanche is such a terroriser of a hound he must have been in fear of his life!

Out of interest, where was the recovery vehicle from? (When I have called out the RAC it has been an independant garage that comes out as the RAC and AA don't seem to have any patrols in the East Borders. So likely Green Flag use the same garages?)

Yes she looks so dangerous it scares people! It was an independant garage and I called Euroroute recovery. They have trucks at Hawick and St Boswells as well as their main base in Dumfries.
The garage has just rung. It needs a new clutch. At least I won't be off the road for long, but will be expensive.

It should not take as long as yours did in Corsica - I hope. Raymond at the garage explained what had gone wrong. Its not the clutch itself, but my mind was just thinking £££££; so I did not take it in!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back