Any trips booked for 2021?

GMJ

I had a search and couldn't see a general thread on plans for 2021 now that restrictions are tentatively being relaxed.

I finished booking our trips away up until August, yesterday. We are hoping to go to Italy in September but I will hold off on that for a while yet (the back up plan is the south of France and back up plan 2 is London and East Anglia if foreign travel is not allowed)

Trips booked so far...

April: Pembrey and Newport (Pembs) for 11 nights

May: Cirencester and Cardiff for 15 nights

June: Cornwall and Devon for 26 nights

July/Aug: north Wales for 24 nights

Given the time we have and the lack of trips last year, we have got ourselves very organised this year. I can hardly wait
bold1.gif

What bookings/plans do you have?

Reactions: Rec
What's the story Graham?

Only booked up for Cumbria from the 12th April for a week or so on my usual CS site. The owners aren’t actually opening up due to having a new house built but they are allowing me to stay so well pleased to say the least. Being retired I never book and just go away when the fancy takes me. Will head up the West coast of Scotland when rules allow.

Sold our van but ferry was booked last year and pushed back to end of this year
No ferry booked going out as didn't know the date and which way to go.
Looking for a Hymer caravan or similar as a stop gap as caravan better than MH for UK use or possibly buy a van conversion.
We only really like Euro touring and cant justify am expensive van sitting in our drive so sold at good time and sitting on the dosh for now
And it is getting far too busy for our liking
Everything up in the air at moment

Righty ho. Good luck Graham - I hope you get sorted soon.
thumb_up.gif

We also prefer European touring but figured when life gives you lemons...

In 'normal' times we would be abroad at least 4 - 4.5 months a year...usually Jan-Mar; May or June; and then in Sept. We do UK visits in between times.

Fair enough.

We just love breaking up the crappy weather here in the UK: Spain in Jan-March takes a big chunk out of the UK winter. Trips in May and September usually extend our summer too.

We may get an odd night away fairly locally after 26th April, but need to be home as vaccination notifications are by post only. Hope to be done by mid June, then off to Blackpool for a few days, seeing relatives for the first time since last Summer and perhaps looking at what houses are available with a view to a move. July we plan a week in Norfolk followed by a stay near London and amble down to the New Forest meet. Take a few days after that for the long journey back North. In September we should have a week in Derbyshire with the Bentley Club, then it will depend on how the pandemic is progressing. We’ll either head off to California for a few weeks or if not a few van trips and a hotel weekend with the 2cvs. Certainly be good to get out and about.

Jabs-wise we have been lucky. Both of us have had them and they gave us dates for the second ones as well, so we are able to plan ahead.

Reactions: 2cv
Depending on the outcome of things;

Switzerland May.

IOM via France and Ireland July.

Switzerland is relaxing soon things much sooner than the rest of ‘Europe’ ie; eatery’s, swimming pools etc.

till then in Romania on a nice little but 3/4 deserted site apart from the full timers.

works picked up so that includes flights and hotels for essential workers. So not moving/need the glamper camper for a while on a few jobs in Austria.

We may get an odd night away fairly locally after 26th April, but need to be home as vaccination notifications are by post only. Hope to be done by mid June, then off to Blackpool for a few days, seeing relatives for the first time since last Summer and perhaps looking at what houses are available with a view to a move. July we plan a week in Norfolk followed by a stay near London and amble down to the New Forest meet. Take a few days after that for the long journey back North. In September we should have a week in Derbyshire with the Bentley Club, then it will depend on how the pandemic is progressing. We’ll either head off to California for a few weeks or if not a few van trips and a hotel weekend with the 2cvs. Certainly be good to get out and about.
Of course notifications only by post, it’s rocket science to send a text and your very very Nauty if your not locked inside your bricks and cement residential prison. 😝

April 4 day weekend Dorset, 22 days in May Cornwall, 28 Days June/ July Scotland (which we can cancel if Europe opens up in which case Spain) and France/ Spain August/September.

Brecon next week Hereford May bank holiday with the club hope to go to Shell island when that opens

booked September for Spain but mite drive down with family with there van stay 4 weeks then maybe over to lake garder for week or two

Only Orkney in June, August bank holiday at Hereford and Stratford booked. I've not booked anything that is not motorhomer. Normality will probably be a long time coming. Until I know that the OH are open to us in May I'm not booking Cal Mac. My second jab is due on the 3rd of May so the van will be unsorned on the 1st May. Maybe go somewhere in Dumfries and Galloway in May.

FYI all subject a negative PCR , Croatia is open. As are many usual services, bistros limited to outside however at the moment.
And as non Schengen doesn’t count to your 90 day limit per 180D.

Booked the 'Grand Dorset Tour' for 9 days in early June

September heading off to do the 'Borders Castles Tour'

All things being equal of course. 😁

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back