Anybody been to the Texel Islands?

tonybvi

We’re off to foreign climes next week via the Newcastle to Ijmuiden ferry (Commodore cabin and a la carte meal booked as a setting off treat!). No idea whether to turn left, right or go straight on when we arrive but I fancy spending a week or more in the Netherlands first. I rather fancy visiting the Texels, taking the ferry from Den Helder. Has anybody taken their motorhome there and any thoughts or recommendations please?

If you want to go to Texel the ferry prices vary on which day you travel to the island so do check first, we found it cheaper to avoid the weekend going out. ( Free return. )
There is a naval training base nearby, recruits were attempting to board a our ferry from ribs. Fun to watch.
Campercontact is good for finding places to stay.

Thanks for the feedback. We actually stayed on the aire at the naval base a few years back - loved the illuminated radar dome. The ferry is cheaper Tue to Thur but what I would really like to know is is it worth going over to Texel. Is there much to see, are there any towns/villages with decent restaurants, is the cycling good, etc??

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back