Anybody going to Spain or Portugal soon

grath

Well, is anybody ?

grath

We are going along to Galicia, hope to drop down to the Duro before the Silver above Lisbon, but nothing cast in stone.
Might even get to Gib

Topmast

Try to fill up with fuel before crossing into Portugal as there is talk of another tanker drivers strike in about two weeks.As soon as a firm date is announced I will post it on here. In the meantime have a great trip and please bring some better weather.

grath

Spanish fuel has always been cheaper so quite normal to fill before entering]
Thanks

Carrerasax

Not this year, Italy beckons.
Feb 2020 maybe.
Need to do Porto to Lisbon section among others.

rugbyken

on sep 3rd meeting up with spanish based friends who have never toured portugal before time being stripped away for them only got just over 3 weeks so planning on meeting at ampudia across to braganca then down the border branco, barragem nisa, marvoa monsaraz mines etc gorgeous part of the world quite envious of them seeing it all for the first time ,

grath

on sep 3rd meeting up with spanish based friends who have never toured portugal before time being stripped away for them only got just over 3 weeks so planning on meeting at ampudia across to braganca then down the border branco, barragem nisa, marvoa monsaraz mines etc gorgeous part of the world quite envious of them seeing it all for the first time ,
All the places we go, including Ampudia and the Baragem near to Nisa (Poava along with near by Castel de Vid is one of our favourite places.
Not forgetting Tomar

kenspain

Take care many Baragem Have no parking for Motorhomes or Caravans although saying that a lot have been cut down and thrown in the bushes near my place there one was only up 3 days then it disappeared I don't know who cut it down, :) :) :)

grath

Take care many Baragem Have no parking for Motorhomes or Caravans although saying that a lot have been cut down and thrown in the bushes near my place there one was only up 3 days then it disappeared I don't know who cut it down, :) :) :)
The one at Poava near Nisa and Castel de Vid has a proper aire with facilities.
Hope it still exists but on CC it is still there

rugbyken

nisa still there last year close to heaven i’m my opinion, i was told that in portugal all barragems are public land and at weekends i’ve seen tents & caravans camped out at them

kenspain

When they brought the land of the owners they only got what land they needed there should be markers what is owned by the owner our sister in law owns land that her parents sold of to build barragems she now lets the land out for grazing. she was ok with vans parking up there once until she found all the rubbish that was left there when they moved of,

grath

nisa still there last year close to heaven i’m my opinion, i was told that in portugal all barragems are public land and at weekends i’ve seen tents & caravans camped out at them
yea, we have been there with caravans, and the Portuguese suppling us with sone nice strong aperitif drinks.
We gave them Rioja in return as not readily available in Portugal

Topmast

The barragem at Nisa is certainly still open have been there three times this year last time about three weeks ago,my only objection is the amount of crap and rubbish that gets left.

grath

The barragem at Nisa is certainly still open have been there three times this year last time about three weeks ago,my only objection is the amount of crap and rubbish that gets left.
As I expected, thanks

rugbyken

i carry a litter picker when i go for a walk with the dog collected a carrier bag when i first arrived after the weekend collected another lol

grath

i carry a litter picker when i go for a walk with the dog collected a carrier bag when i first arrived after the weekend collected another lol
Seems such a shame and most certainly altered from when we have been there.
We have spent many weeks at Poava over a few years and never seen any rubbish
OK the toilets were dirty but that was all

snapster

All the places we go, including Ampudia and the Baragem near to Nisa (Poava along with near by Castel de Vid is one of our favourite places.
Not forgetting Tomar
We were in Ampudia in February, not going back to Spain / Portugal till later this year or maybe just after the new year, then driving through France, visiting Avila ( Mrs S spent her formative years there ) Madrid and then further down, maybe the Algarve or whatever takes our fancy.