Anybody going to Spain or Portugal soon

grath

We were in Ampudia in February, not going back to Spain / Portugal till later this year or maybe just after the new year, then driving through France, visiting Avila ( Mrs S spent her formative years there ) Madrid and then further down, maybe the Algarve or whatever takes our fancy.
Avila, another of my favourite places.
I believe the largest walled city in Europe
Remember the film where they dragged a cannon all over Spain and blew Avila up at the end

The_Pride_and_the_Passion

Ardachaidh

Anyone going to France, or driving through, might want to consider getting an International Driving Permit (1968 IDP) from the Post Office in case of a No Deal Brexit on 31st October. France will require one immediately. Spain not until 1st August (IDP 1949). And you may require a Green Card from your insurer. https://www.gov.uk/driving-abroad

Check your passport is and will be valid too.

And if you're taking a pet there will be new requirements. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pet-travel-to-europe-after-brexit

grath

Soon, very soon
Anybody else going to the sun soon?

Val54

“Soon, very soon
Anybody else going to the sun soon?”

We wish, Graham, very jealous ?. Hopefully our 3 week run to France will happen in September, looking more likely now ?

grath

Anybody else going this weekend?

jtowndad

Free Member
Heading down the west coast of France next week, aim is to make San Sebastian after about 10 days. But we may find somewhere on the way down that's so good we don't get any further! Any recommendations for sites near San Seb?

Four Oaks Man

Free Member
Well, is anybody ?
Portugal requires a compulsory electronic toll system for all of their motorways. We came in from Nurgos so it was easy to set up with a man doing the honours at a special lane at the BP station in Portugal. However, you also need to watch the fuel strike position as they were running out when we left a week ago.

grath

Portugal requires a compulsory electronic toll system for all of their motorways. We came in from Nurgos so it was easy to set up with a man doing the honours at a special lane at the BP station in Portugal. However, you also need to watch the fuel strike position as they were running out when we left a week ago.
We have the tag for Spain and Portugal, it works well. The fuel strike is over for now as both sides are talking

kenspain

Now this comes from my boy today he went to a meeting if the UK dose leave the EU then on Parking Tickets will be given to UK reg motors they are now talking about wheel clamps being used . So make sure you can park when your over here. If I find out more later I will post it,

grath

Now this comes from my boy today he went to a meeting if the UK dose leave the EU then on Parking Tickets will be given to UK reg motors they are now talking about wheel clamps being used . So make sure you can park when your over here. If I find out more later I will post it,
Was in Santander a few days ago and all non Spanish m/h vehicles, parked where they should not, were clamped . Spanish were ticketed

Shaun944t

BE151E91-70D4-404A-A074-B2E4634950BA.jpegLeave on 30th September to do France, Spain and Portugal for 3 to 4 months round the coast........1st time!

Reactions: Rec

grath

We went along the top coast of Spain to Tapia d C, then down to the Douro and on to Foz d Arelho where we are spending two weeks in the ☀☀☀

grath

I posted a couple weeks ago with photos showing this action in Santander
See my Spain Portugal thread in continental touring forum