Anyone got one of these generators? Böhmer-AG Camo Petrol Inverter Generator W4500i, 1.9KW,

Only thing I always worry about is availability of spares and servicing with not to common machines perhaps Honda or Briggs & Stratton might be better. But weight would make me think there might be some good windings in its coils and thats about its weight Honda 2 is over 20kg

Last edited:
I use that brand at our stables, I've used it on my karcher power wash and for lighting and other things, liked the idea of the copper windings and the two year guarantee, has never let me down and usually starts with two pulls maximum. I've attached the one I have, it's fairly heavy but I don't move it, it's indoors in a fixed position and extended the exhaust with copper pipe and fittings so the fumes go outside.

Screenshot_2021-03-16-19-51-58-560_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Reactions: Alf
Only thing I always worry about is availability of spares and servicing with not to common machines perhaps Honda or Briggs & Stratton might be better. But weight would make me think there might be some good windings in its coils and thats about its weight Honda 2 is over 20kg
Yes, it has copper coils. Honda is too expensive for me at £799!

I use that brand at our stables, I've used it on my karcher power wash and for lighting and other things, liked the idea of the copper windings and the two year guarantee, has never let me down and usually starts with two pulls maximum. I've attached the one I have, it's fairly heavy but I don't move it, it's indoors in a fixed position and extended the exhaust with copper pipe and fittings so the fumes go outside.
Brilliant, thank you. That gives me confidence to go ahead. I will be buying the smaller powered one at 1700 I think., Will that be big enough for the motorhome?

Yes, it has copper coils. Honda is too expensive for me at £799!
We used to have a Honda generator before this one, yes they are very reliable and never let us down in five years of ownership, but we had to replace it after some lowlife broke into our tack room and stole it. We have had the replacement one for about 12 months and it has been very reliable.

One of the things I have always done though is to turn the fuel off while it is still running, so it runs the fuel off in the carb, this avoid the fuel going off in the carb that can leave a sticky residue. I do this with all my petrol powered things and never suffer a problem, it's one of the major headaches of garden machinery etc when they don't start after been stood a while, usually the carbs are gummed up and need cleaning.

Brilliant, thank you. That gives me confidence to go ahead. I will be buying the smaller powered one at 1700 I think., Will that be big enough for the motorhome?
Should be fine provided you don't overload it, certain things take a bigger surge of electric to get going, check the wattage of your kettle and other things you are going to use to see if the power rating is above the wattage of your Genny.

We used to have a Honda generator before this one, yes they are very reliable and never let us down in five years of ownership, but we had to replace it after some lowlife broke into our tack room and stole it. We have had the replacement one for about 12 months and it has been very reliable.

One of the things I have always done though is to turn the fuel off while it is still running, so it runs the fuel off in the carb, this avoid the fuel going off in the carb that can leave a sticky residue. I do this with all my petrol powered things and never suffer a problem, it's one of the major headaches of garden machinery etc when they don't start after been stood a while, usually the carbs are gummed up and need cleaning.
I use this in my 2 Honda generators and numerous chainsaws, mowers and hedge trimmers.
No need to run anything dry and I have left fuel in a chainsaw for over a year and it started no problem.

We use one it sits in the garage, no not light but certainly cheaper it’s 22 kilos, power 1.8 kw.
We bought it to help on chilly nights in Portugal when we use an aire without electric. No problems we just need to turn water heater off as it increased the revs.
Not quiet but we put it behind the MH to block the noise.

It will depend what you want to use it for. Ideally I should have bought a 2Kw but physical size and weight (me carrying not payload) made me get a 1Kw Hyundai. I only use it to connect to my EHU for recharging leisure battery’s so it does that nicely. If I had gone for the 2Kw I could have run the immersion heater for hot water as well. I may wire it up one day and see if the small genny will cope but I doubt it.

It will depend what you want to use it for. Ideally I should have bought a 2Kw but physical size and weight (me carrying not payload) made me get a 1Kw Hyundai. I only use it to connect to my EHU for recharging leisure battery’s so it does that nicely. If I had gone for the 2Kw I could have run the immersion heater for hot water as well. I may wire it up one day and see if the small genny will cope but I doubt it.

Have you checked the rating of your immersion heater, Neil?
The immersion heater in my Moho is only 400 W. It could be that your 1 kW generator will be adequate for heating water - not that I'm recommending that approach, because I'm pretty sure that you have a gas heating system on board for doing just that!

Colin :):):)

Have you checked the rating of your immersion heater, Neil?
The immersion heater in my Moho is only 400 W. It could be that your 1 kW generator will be adequate for heating water - not that I'm recommending that approach, because I'm pretty sure that you have a gas heating system on board for doing just that!

Colin :):):)
Hi Colin, the one fitted to my calorifier is 1Kw, continuous for my genny is 900W I think (poor memory and not checked) so I’d not expect it to work. I could get round it by using an invertor but it’s not really something I need to have. I have plans on wiring it up this year so I will suck it and see 👍

Although I have a built in Genny (it’s over 20yrs old) I purchased this one off eBay, sits in the Motorhome “garage” when not in use or travelling.

34562B88-9141-4386-8FAE-CFBC9831B1B4.jpeg

He has removed a lot of excess content, but don't I remember Mark "IVEVAN" on YouTube trialling one of those Bohmer-AG camo generators? Or a rebadged clone?

I don't see any generator videos listed on his channel... it's not what he has now, anyway..... His is diesel.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back