Anyone into Cajun music?

Pudsey Bear

I've lost a mp3 file somehow, and it's one of my faves.

Its a French cajun song I think, or at least it sounds French, it's such a joyous ditty in Cajun.

petite cruche brune

I have tried all the ways to find it I can think but nothing

Good idea, brain dead today, again

I've lost a mp3 file somehow, and it's one of my faves.

Its a French cajun song I think, or at least it sounds French, it's such a joyous ditty in Cajun.

petite cruche brune

I have tried all the ways to find it I can think but nothing

I like Cajun (but mostly Zydeco) music. Don't know of a Cajun version of that though

I like Cajun (but mostly Zydeco) music. Don't know of a Cajun version of that though
It might be Zydeco David, I've not seen the file for a few years, it got deleted by accident.

It might be Zydeco David, I've not seen the file for a few years, it got deleted by accident.
more likely Cajun I would guess. I know what you mean about the "joyous sound" ... very listenable music style and got quite a few Albums by Cajun and Zydeco groups. Saw Pyscho Zydeco (aussie band) a couple of times at the Brecon Jazz Festivals a couple of decades ago

Lots of hits, including YouTube and Spotify, for an instrumental track possibly from Quebec. Google "petite cruche brune" (including the quotation marks).

Lots of hits, including YouTube and Spotify, for an instrumental track possibly from Quebec. Google "petite cruche brune" (including the quotation marks).

Sorry Tom, none of those, same basic tune, but it's a song as well and really well done, you did well to find those though, still searching.

I think it might be by one of the bands on the sleeve of this one

Finally found it on an old thumb drive.

I hope you enjoy it after your efforts, well those who tried anyone not the AHoles who just took the pi$$ but I love ya anyway.

1724423670437.png

The CD

Last edited:
Finally found it on an old thumb drive.

I hope you enjoy it after your efforts, well those who tried anyone not the AHoles who just took the pi$$ but I love ya anyway.

View attachment 74019

The CD
Kev,
You won't believe this,but I HAVE that CD!

But .... I did a search in my iTunes and couldn't find the song, and when I just checked the Kings of Cajun in iTunes, guess what ....
coj.png
22 Stomp from the Swamps, but I only have 21 songs! you can guess which track is missing!!

I hate Apple, I don't get em at all, I even bought a iPad to try to get to grips with it, I'm wedded to three buttons not one doing whatever it likes.

At least you could download it from my link David.

But not missing now (y)

(PS. My best track from that CD .... Uncle Bud by Boozoo Chavis :D )

Notice that song has not track time or actual title.

Eejit, that the start time :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1724429274821.png

But not missing now (y)

(PS. My best track from that CD .... Uncle Bud by Boozoo Chavis :D )

Not bad that, it almost sound like some of it may have been in English.

In fact I DON'T have that CD! Looks like I have volume II and not Volume I.
So I am still missing 1 track out of 22 in volume II. Weird. (got 1 track of Volume I now, mind!)

Good you found it anyway :)
One of the best fun Cajun songs ... Rocking Sidney with 'My Toot Toot'! I bet even the philistines amongst the membership will recognise that ;)

Back