Anyone with a Hotmail account?

GMJ

If so have you noticed a new way that they are putting adverts on there now?

For a week or so now I have noticed that I am getting what looks like an unsolicited email in my In Box. When I click on it though it goes straight to a website rather than open as an email. As such I can't Unsubscribe or Block the email address, as there isn't one. It is possible to delete the Ad without opening it as a it comes with a small AD in a box and bin picture

Anyone else having this?

If so any ideas how to stop them?

This mornings offering is from EToro for shares...

_MG_2361.png

Change to a gmail account. Or better still, get a free email client. I use "Em Client". Not quite as good as "Outlook", but it is free!

No thanks I'm happy with my Hotmail account and more importantly, email address.

The same happened with my Microsoft outlook account. Can't find how to stop it so just delete everyone and never look at them. Nuisance though and there should be a way to stop such unsolicited email ads.

The same happened with my Microsoft outlook account. Can't find how to stop it so just delete everyone and never look at them. Nuisance though and there should be a way to stop such unsolicited email ads.

I'm glad its not just me then. I thought i was going mad there for a while :D

I'll do some research into Trev's suggestion about I think. I'll also see if I can email Outlook/Hotmail tech support to see what they say if I can find a contact email address for them.

There is no sender as it isn't an email as I explained. It comes into my email in box but when I click on it to open it (like an email) it just goes straight to a website...the one which is being advertised.

From research I've done it looks like Outlook/Hotmail trial stuff but not with every account.

I did some research and it appears that there is nothing I can do as its a free account and that's what they are doing now (to mine anyway - apparently they trial stuff but not with everybody). However...I found this article on line...

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/email/260...ds-on-hotmail/

...and have blocked all the addresses in the list that is mentioned. Namely...

rad.msn.com
live.rads.msn.com
ads1.msn.com
static.2mdn.net
g.msn.com
a.ads2.msads.net
b.ads2.msads.net
ad.doubleclick.net
ac3.msn.com
ec.atdmt.com

I think it is helping as I am not getting the Ads every time I log in now, so perhaps just every other day.

I can see in your first pic that your using a adblocker perhaps change it I use
And don't get any adds

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
The ‘banner’ ads are really annoying. I’ve got several hotmail and gmail accounts that I use for different things… one just for online shopping, one for friends and family, another for forums, etc.

Thing is, I never go to their websites to see mail but always use a mail client app to download mail. On my laptop it’s the brilliant Thunderbird (from Mozilla), on my phone it’s the Samsung mail app and there’s the Apple mail app on my iPad and iMac. None have the ads that you see on the various webmail sites. It’s easy to link most email addresses to a mail client app using the imap settings that sync across all devices… or there’s the older POP3 method. The best bit is that I can check all my email addresses in one place - virtually one inbox - ad and clutter-free.

I'm only getting one of these unsolicited Ads every other day now since I blocked a number of sites (see above). I have also emailed Adguard as well to see what they make of it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back