Armaçao De Pera . Algarve

Even in these quiet times, the clampdown on Wildcamping continues .
Yesterday,10 units were fined for flouting the new rules.
Serves them right..
They've been well warned.
Hi just for clarity is it a clampdown on wildcamping as such or a COVID thing you mean ? Thanks. Sorry ignore me other posts make it clear.

It's a law change.
It's been coming for a while.
As more affluent Baby Boomers came down with big posh Vans, Park 4 night on their phones and a dream of freedom.
Those big vans, especially ones with trailers, are a faff to move, every other day.
Get the washing machine out of the trailer.. nice lines of washing hanging off trees and lamp posts....
So they stayed, and bragged to their mates.

The rest is history

Well we have definitely had the good years in Portugal , , still lots of Aires some free many pay, , love Portugal but will be not so easy there now, one very popular Aire at Ville Real was often over run with Dutch vans who hogged the front line facing Spain, that can only get worse as they and others will stay on the Aires much longer now, in the past it did not matter too much as one could always find a quiet parking place for a nights stop over en route but it seems that that will attract a large fine now, So I guess Portugal is out now, big loss of revenue for Portugal as vanners spent money all over on diesel, and food especially , hope Spain does not follow suit. trips to Portugal will now require much more planning, something we never did, as you could just go and wander, sad times for sure.

Thanks Frogman,
My reply would have been exactly the same.
Saved me having to type it.
BTW......

I was called Frogman, at school.
I'm named Paul William Henry.
There was a Yank singer. Clarence, Frogman, Henry.. Ugly looking guy, with a voice like a pipesmokers ashtray.
My mates we're onto that like a shot.
What's your story.?
I was called Frogman at school, too, but I was the teacher, and not very PC. Once called a gabby French kid "Frog" when he found it hard to keep his mouth shut. The class found it amusing . . . and the name stuck, but not the reason. Years later, daring kids would ask if it was true I'd been in the SBS. I'd reply "I can't talk about that". Didn't do my rep any harm! Here's your frogman

Thanks for that, Mr F.
My first 3 girlfriends each bought me a copy of that..Birthdays Xmas, and a request on local radio.
Long time ago now.
I've outlived most of my immediate Leeds school friends.
The girls could be great Grandma's by now.

Reactions: Rec

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back