Autocruise Starquest 130 on a Peugeot Boxer chassis tyre pressures

Orkneybob

Autocruise Starquest 130 on a Peugeot Boxer chassis tyre pressures

can any one give me the tyre pressures for this set up. I can’t find them anywhere. Many thanks, in hope.

I don't think you'll find a definitive answer to this - because of the different bodies that can be built onto the boxer chassis by the various coachbuilders it's not possible to give a one size fits all answer. If there's a plate in the driver's door giving pressures, that will probably only relate to the cab and chassis as it left the facory.
I've seen recommended pressures for my vehicle, also Boxer based, varying between 45 and 80 psi!

I think the usual advice given is to take it to a public weighbridge fully laden, and get the total weight and also each axle weight - then email the tyre manufacturers, who may or may not be helpful depending which manufacturer it is!

We run our Elddis Riva at 65psi f and r. the manufacs. suggested 78 nearly rattled everything out of the cupboards. We never come anywhere near to overloading it and it rides beautifully now.

Thanks everyone. Tried tyre site. Said 80psi in rears. Tyres are rated to 69 max. Will have to try 60 for a start ant see how it goes.
Many thanks again

Your van looks to be about the same size as mine - I know, I know... not a very technical or scientific assessment! :rolleyes: Anyhoo, mine's also on a Peugeot Boxer and the MH manual for mine recommends 66 front and rear... I usually go for 65.

The pressures are printed on my Autosleeper manual back cover (C2000). Manuals haven't improved much then!

Orkneybob;n1625 said:
can any one give me the tyre pressures for this set up. I can’t find them anywhere. Many thanks, in hope.

I have an Autosleeper Inca on a boxer 2.8 hdi. I was recommended to run mine at 55 psi if that seemed a bit lumpy to then increase it by 5 psi and no more. This from a fellow motorhomer who is also a bloody good mechanic.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back