Autotrail Tribute 669 Relay

Markm

Hi
I have an Autotrail Tribute 669
And I have spoken to Sargent and they think
The 12V 30A 5 pin change over relay which also feeds fridge is faulty , does anyone know where it is located please.
EC51 control panel and EC155 PSU consumer unit ?

may be and this is without seeing an image.
But under the bonnet. Right in the middle at the rear a big long plastic black box.
Possibly inside there. Thats mainly where the coach builders place their main relays.

may be and this is without seeing an image.
But under the bonnet. Right in the middle at the rear a big long plastic black box.
Possibly inside there. Thats mainly where the coach builders place their main relays.
Hi
Many thanks , I will check
I wish I had an image as that would mean I had found it .

Hi
Many thanks , I will check
I wish I had an image as that would mean I had found it .
Could be something like the large black box in the centre If not sorry I just don’t know

IMG_0467.jpeg

Hi
I have an Autotrail Tribute 669
And I have spoken to Sargent and they think
The 12V 30A 5 pin change over relay which also feeds fridge is faulty , does anyone know where it is located please.
EC51 control panel and EC155 PSU consumer unit ?
The EC155 is a self-contained unit and all relays are typically inside the silver box.

I say "typically" as there are a couple of installation suggestions from Sargent that, depending on what is being installed, may have an external relay, but I don't think that would be relevant to your issue. Sounds to me the problem will be within the EC155 (but could maybe be a fuse? have you checked all fuses?)

have a look at page 17 for the wiring with an external relay that controls the starter battery connection to the fridge which you could have.

Attachments

• EC155-Installation-and-User-Instructions.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
have a look at page 17 for the wiring with an external relay that controls the starter battery connection to the fridge which you could have.
Hi
Many thanks , I have been told that the relay is located under the EC40 auxiliary fuse box behind drivers seat , I will have a look at weekend and confirm if this is the case and the relay was faulty.

Hi
Many thanks , I have been told that the relay is located under the EC40 auxiliary fuse box behind drivers seat , I will have a look at weekend and confirm if this is the case and the relay was faulty.
I have also found out if I couldn't find relay straight away I could remove 9 pin plug from back of EC155 Consumer unit/PSU and check if Pin 7 is live when engine is running and if not relay is the problem as shown in drawing Page 17 .many thanks

Hi
The EM40 (rather than EC40) I think is primarily used on other more complex Sargent units, but I'd be interested if your installation has one.

The EM40 does have a bit of a history of burnt contacts for the fridge connection and is a likely culprit if it is fitted. I have an EM40 in my Autotrail Cheyenne (with a Sargent EC325) and it is located under the floor behind the Cab seats - but mine is a coachbuilt and not a PVC like yours (I think the Tribute is a PVC?).

There is a recall on some Autotrails with the EM40 unit. In certain circumstances with some high amp fridges and a low battery the EM40 gets very very hot.

Back