Avtex tv- strange tuning problem - no Film 4!

Berniem

Anyone had this problem- no signal from transponder No 1 on the Avtex listing: 10714H 22000 ( for Film 4!) on one of my avtex tv’s?..
I have a Snipe 2 dish with two outputs - going to two identical avtex tv’s - and one gets the Film 4 signal, the other registers nothing ( for that frequency etc)!! Settings the same for each tv in advanced transponder setup etc. All the other channels are ok ( inc HD ) on both tv’s …and even when I add the settings manually ( or edit the built in settings) as an extra- still no signal recorded! Just weird!
Thanks
Berniem

😳
I’m going to read that through a few times then see if I can get Film 4 on our Avtex tv…….

Try swapping the TV's, that would eliminate a transponder problem on the LNB and determine if the TV or the LNB is the problem

Thanks - was going to be my ploy later, as not that easy to do with the way the TV’s are fixed! But do the LNB’s have different circuitry for each transponder channel & frequency- as only One channel appears to be missing? That’s the bit I find strange? Also the Snipe2 is an all or nothing black box - if anything is wrong with it - whole system needs replacing!o_O

Check ITV 1 London, ITV 4 and ITV 4+1 on the TV that is not receiving Film 4, they are on the same transponder and frequency, channel frequencies can be found here
https://www.satbeams.com/channels?position=28
As you can see they are different settings with only a few channels using the same transponder (10714H 22000) so if you have the channels above I would think it points to the TV,

Hi - thanks for that - another site with satellite data too!! I use https://en.satexpat.com/sat/east/28.2/
for the data and you’re right these other channels are also missing - but the reason is when you look at that particular setting (10714H22000) there is zero signal, while the other tv has 96% signal , and thus all the channels! It may be the tv is at fault - but for just one setting???? Same goes for the LNB and wiring… just one transponder setting amiss?? I don’t know enough about the relationship between having a transponder and tuning it in ( not as simple as a tv!!) …!
Cheers
Berniem

Have you tried a full Freesat retune on the TV?
full instructions here

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back