Awning

Cenobyke

Free Member

Hi all, am in the process of buying a swift escape privately, have a wee niggle turning over in my mind! Whilst viewing it I asked to see its Flamma awning extended. The seller commented in the year since he bought it it had never been used. When he extended it it was wet. Is this normal that it should be wet not having been out for over a year or is this a problem? Thanks in advance.

Hi all, am in the process of buying a swift escape privately, have a wee niggle turning over in my mind! Whilst viewing it I asked to see its Flamma awning extended. The seller commented in the year since he bought it it had never been used. When he extended it it was wet. Is this normal that it should be wet not having been out for over a year or is this a problem? Thanks in advance.
The fabric used on these awnings is very similar to the stuff used on curtain side wagons so will not rot and can be cleaned up with a long handled brush and soapy water. If it goes away wet it won't take any harm but always better dry or dry ish.

Cheers

H

I don’t think the awning cassettes are waterproof so a certain amount of water will always get in - certainly the case with mine.

My awning doesn’t get wet, a quick check with the awning manufacturer may be in order.

In the 10+ years I’ve owned mine I have wound the awning out perhaps a half dozen times to use it. Yes it gets damp inside but to no ill effect, just a bit grubby.

Yep same here. It doesn't take much to get it clean again tbh.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back