Bag for life

Aly1

I’ve just tidied up my cupboard and have 28 standard bag for life, 8 hessian and 22 of those thick, more expensive,plastic bags. I also have a boot full of the things.
Surely this isn’t better for the environment than the thin little bags I used to the recycle as bin liners?
I feel like I am single handedly destroying the planet with my complete inability to remember to take a bag into the shops!

I’ve just tidied up my cupboard and have 28 standard bag for life, 8 hessian and 22 of those thick, more expensive,plastic bags. I also have a boot full of the things.
Surely this isn’t better for the environment than the thin little bags I used to the recycle as bin liners?
I feel like I am single handedly destroying the planet with my complete inability to remember to take a bag into the shops!
Aly 1 I’m exactly the same because I usually forget to get enough them out of the boot so I end up buying another one and putting it in the boot!

I've often wondered about these.

We've a Tesco heavy duty plastic Bag for Life, and I honestly don't know whether it means the bag will last a lifetime (quite possible) or whether they will continue to change it FOC if it breaks.

I'll probably never find out because it's built like a tank.

We`ve 3 of the hessian type ( 1 X N.T. and 2 X C&CC ), one in the house, one in the car and one in the motorhome.

Been using them years now and they are still going strong.

Given that my memory can be suspect, i do quite well remembering my bags, and for emergencies, i have two plastic carriers rolled up in my handbag.

Given that my memory can be suspect, i do quite well remembering my bags, and for emergencies, i have two plastic carriers rolled up in my handbag.

Sue I have a few handbags and there is a carrier bag in every one!.haha

Bring them to the frog and dish out ? Just a thought

I had a bag for life from Tesco. The handle broke. I took it back and complained . I’d only had it about three years. I’m certain I shamed them, cos they replaced it foc. Result

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back