Barcelona parking.

sydnsue

Does anyone know of any SECURE motorhome parking near the city centre. Normally we would park outside a city and bus or train in but dogs are not allowed on public transport. The only camp sites are up the coast so Uber taxi will probably cost an arm and a leg. Ordinary car parks are not good due to the very high risk of burglary. I know of one indoor car park where we can stay and sleep there also but it is small and no advance booking available.

How brave are you ?
A motorhome looks like a box full of riches, to a junkie

How brave are you ?
A motorhome looks like a box full of riches, to a junkie
That's the problem. A Spanish friend who drove into Barcelona last week said the motorway electronic signs were telling people to be aware of theft from cars. Seems the police have lost control of it.

There's a free Aire at Vilafranca del Pinedes [400m walk to Mercadona] that is within walking distance of the train station, with frequent services into Barcelona. We've stayed on the Aire for over 30 nights in total over the last 2 Winters without any problem

Steve

There's a free Aire at Vilafranca del Pinedes [400m walk to Mercadona] that is within walking distance of the train station, with frequent services into Barcelona. We've stayed on the Aire for over 30 nights in total over the last 2 Winters without any problem

Steve
Thanks Steve but we can't take our dog on a train. We have to get into the centre or close enough for taxi.

Does anyone know of any SECURE motorhome parking near the city centre. Normally we would park outside a city and bus or train in but dogs are not allowed on public transport. The only camp sites are up the coast so Uber taxi will probably cost an arm and a leg. Ordinary car parks are not good due to the very high risk of burglary. I know of one indoor car park where we can stay and sleep there also but it is small and no advance booking available.
Unfortunately dogs not being allowed on public transport is a pita in Spain . Barcelona is one of my favourite cities but not easy with a motorhome . Did get on-street parking on the Eixample many years go but that doesn't quite fit your secure parking criteria ! Also parked a rental car on the street [forget where] about a half hour walk from centre
Lots of tales about pickpockets etc in Barcelona not sure how bad it really is . Personally only know of 2 incidents . Stag party at a club near the Ramblas and company rep who took 2 prostitutes back to his hotel .
Have/will consider the indoor car park but , obviously , would need a plan B . Almost certainly well away from city centre .

Thanks for that. Even campsites are few but we have found one on the coast that runs a coach into the centre and dogs are allowed. Just hope we can book nearer the time. Otherwise we have few options.

Thanks TJB. I have already registered the motorhome for Barcelona. Like London, it is monitored by cameras so no escape. I was hoping to get closer to the centre. The only way we can travel with a dog is by taxi and the cost from the coast to the centre is prohibitive. I know of one secure car park in which we can also sleep very close to the centre but there is no phone number advertised so booking is not possible which means fingers crossed on the day. It only has a few spaces big enough.

Back