Battery charging in storage

Carrerasax

How are batteries kept charged when in storage if there is no electrical supply?
Rather unrealistic reason for my enquiry as my son has a lotus exige that has a lithium battery and has been offered a lick up for winter storage without electric.
Are there devices out there like these battery pack starters that could supply electric trickle charge?

How are batteries kept charged when in storage if there is no electrical supply?
Rather unrealistic reason for my enquiry as my son has a lotus exige that has a lithium battery and has been offered a lick up for winter storage without electric.
Are there devices out there like these battery pack starters that could supply electric trickle charge?
I think he needs to check what protection the battery he has fitted has regarding limiting or stopping charge when the battery is cold. The typical Lithium Battery runs the risk of permanent damage if charged when very cold.

Personally, if the vehicle is there for the winter, I would be inclined to remove the battery and take it inside the house.

Take the battery out and home,remember to put vh up on axle stands or the tyres will get flat spots,put a mouse trap in it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back