Battery under drivers seat

• Thread starter Deleted member 1118
  • Start date

Deleted member 1118

I have the Fiat Benimar 2.8JTD Aereo. There is a battery under the driver's seat that powers the electrics when not on mains. My question is how do I get the battery out to inspect or change it? There are no instructions that came with the van that indicates that there is even a battery there. Can anybody help please.?

I do not know your van but with my Hymer I have to unbolt and remove the seat from above it.

Our 20+ year old 'van also has a battery under the drivers seat (and now the passenger one too) and to get at it one just needs to remove the 4 bolts holding it to the plinth, in my case, 2 front and slide the seat forward and then 2 at the rear. Hope this helps

Thank you to all who replied. I had a feeling that I'd have to remove the seat but wanted to make sure. Thanks again.

Those Captain's seats are Bloody heavy I just had mine off and it was nearly the same as me.

Watch out if there's an air bag sensor in the seat squab, as I think there may be additional precautions needed such as disconnecting engine battery before unplugging things.

Watch out if there's an air bag sensor in the seat squab, as I think there may be additional precautions needed such as disconnecting engine battery before unplugging things.
The sensor is on the front chassis member for the airbags as well.

It seemed such an easy job, didn't it ? One job leads to four others. Is this what they mean by , snowballing?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back