Beam deflectors for EU trip.

Vanterrier

I have a 2010 X250 Ducato and will be travelling to France in September. Can you recommend beam deflectors that work ok and that can be removed simply on my return without leaving a sticky mess on my headlamps. Has anyone made their own?

What do you recommend?

K ;)

Been travelling in Europe for more than 6 months every year for last 20 or more years. Only ever once bought deflectors. Always blank out the deflected dip beam with a patch of pvc tape. Easily stuck on and easily peeled off. I leave the trace of residue on the glass so I know where to put them next time.

You`ll only need the smaller round section of the stickers, full fitting instructions supplied.

When removing have headlights on for 5 - 10 minutes to soften the glue then they easily peal off.

Clean off any residue with methylated spirits, DO NOT USE white spirits as it will set the glue.

I always use white spirit to clean off sticky residue and have never had a problem on bodywork or headlamp glasses.

In fact I don't recall ever using anything else...

Graham
smile.gif

I guess WD40 might also work?

Graham
smile.gif

Thats what I have done and I leave them on all the time
To be honest, I wasn't quite sure where to put the tape on the new Ducato and I couldst be bothered faffing about
The deflectors came with tape and markers showing where to stick the tape
Also headlights are getting expensive, so I thought worth the cost
It takes longer to lift the bonnet than clip the deflectors on

Exactly the same here. I leave them on all year too...
thumb_up.gif

In fact when I changed my MH recently I had to buy new ones as it is a 2017 model.

I'll be selling the old protectors which fitted my 2012 Ducato if anyone is interested? They are the proper Motorhome Essentials ones which do not rely on small sticky tabs to stay in place. These ones are actually fixed into the headlamp mounting area so don't come off in string wind.

Graham
smile.gif

Never used them in 20 years of foreign travel and never been stopped by anyone to ask where they are.

I just dip my beams to their lowest point.

Dazzle other road users ?

When driving at night you may notice the oncoming beams are splayed all over the place from our overseas neighbours and I very much doubt if mine dazzle them.

o_O

Exactly the same here. I leave them on all year too...
thumb_up.gif

In fact when I changed my MH recently I had to buy new ones as it is a 2017 model.

I'll be selling the old protectors which fitted my 2012 Ducato if anyone is interested? They are the proper Motorhome Essentials ones which do not rely on small sticky tabs to stay in place. These ones are actually fixed into the headlamp mounting area so don't come off in string wind.

Graham
smile.gif
What kind of price are you asking for your old protectors Graham?
K ?

.............Always blank out the deflected dip beam with a patch of pvc tape. Easily stuck on and easily peeled off..............
That's exactly what I do. On a bad day it can take as long as 15 minutes to put on, and seconds to remove.

I'm a great fan of KISS. ?

What kind of price are you asking for your old protectors Graham?
K ?

How does £30 plus postage sound? They are £45 new plus postage (£7.50 when I got mine!)

My email address is jeffsg at hotmail dot co dot uk if that works for you. We can swap details etc.

ta

Graham
smile.gif

Hi Graham and thanks for the offer which seems pretty fair. I have decided not to bother with protectors sorry but hopefully someone else will take you up on it
Sorry to have wasted your time.
Good luck
K ;)

No problem at all

Graham
smile.gif

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back