Beautiful old house.

runnach

We went no further than the bridge, returning a different route away from the river, some cracking old Normandy properties, along with modern, too. The new designs would be way beyond backward thinking Scottish planners imagination. Cottage is being re-thatched.

135CEFFE-841E-4488-A070-0BA5BA29281F.jpeg2D760D30-5A95-44F3-85D2-8DA2BB53C0D7.jpegC33F2C9E-C356-4069-B0BD-CEC571061E90.jpeg

Last edited:
Something I regret not doing they used to do some summer courses on thatch roofing down south but seemingly it takes about 20+ years experience to become proficient enough to do a decent job.

Something I regret not doing they used to do some summer courses on thatch roofing down south but seemingly it takes about 20+ years experience to become proficient enough to do a decent job.
Wully, I would be your first customer in Scotland 😂

Got to be something there about 'no rush to be a Thatcher', but, if there was no rush, you'd have no materials to become a Thatcher .,. 🙄

Steve

I've always liked Normandy Longeres and some years ago they were surprisingly affordable, but the idea was vetoed by SWMBO. ☹️

Wots rong wiv a few dustbin bags and yards of gaffer tape (waterproof) ?
Or if you want metal....bacofoil and duct tape.
Or duck feathers and duck tape.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back