Bee Keeping

Vanterrier

I have just started by putting together a Hive and a "Nuke" and inherited bits and bobs from a retired beekeeper neighbour. I'm now hoping to capture a swarm as its not likely anyone would give a viable colony away these days.
So far there have been some interest shown by scout bees (the ones with neckachiefs and woggles) so fingers crossed the colony might come to me.
Anyone else on here doing this?
K ;)

Reminds me of a 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue' 'Samantha 'sketch delivered by 'Humph'. 'Samantha has had to leave early to meet an elderly Apiarist who has promised to show her how to care for and control her small collection of a little more than 3 dozen honey producers. He's confident that within a few minutes of meeting Samantha, he will have her 38 bees flying around his face ...' :giggle:

Steve

Reminds me of a 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue' 'Samantha 'sketch delivered by 'Humph'. 'Samantha has had to leave early to meet an elderly Apiarist who has promised to show her how to care for and control her small collection of a little more than 3 dozen honey producers. He's confident that within a few minutes of meeting Samantha, he will have her 38 bees flying around his face ...' :giggle:

Steve
Wonderful programme!

For those that have never met the lovely Samantha;
'Samantha has to nip off now to meet the Hairy Bikers...They'll light the candle then Samantha will blow them out in the garden.'

'Samantha has got to go off early to meet an entomologist friend who's been showing her his collection of winged insects. They've already covered his bees and wasps and tonight she's hoping to go through his flies.'

'Samantha has to nip out to the House of Lords with her constituency friend. He's looking for support for his MP who's facing expulsion, and Samantha says it's important to have a good peer if his member's likely to be out.'

'Samantha has to nip off to the National Opera where she's been giving private tuition to the singers. Having seen what she did to the baritone, the director is keen to see what she might to for a tenor.'

'Samantha's just started keeping bees and already has three dozen or so. She says she's got an expert handler coming round to give a demonstration. He'll carefully take out her 38 bees and soon have them flying round his head.'

'Samantha has to go now as she's off to meet her Italian gentleman friend who's taking her out for an ice cream. She says she likes nothing better than to spend the evening licking the nuts off a large Neapolitan.'

'Samantha tells me she has to pop out now as she does a few chores for an elderly gentleman who lives nearby. She shows him how to use the washing machine and then goes out to prune his fruit trees. Later he'll be hanging out his pyjamas as he watches her beaver away up the ladder.'

'After tasting the meat pies, Samantha said she liked Mr Dewhurst's beef in ale, although she preferred his tongue in cider.'

Last edited:
Sad though that has to sell his house in Ledesma France just up the road from our friends gite / home, we'll miss him and Lil as will the many bikers who have used the gite. And now he's got the dreaded 'C'. Why do these things happen to the nicest of folks?

Wonderful programme!

For those that have never met the lovely Samantha;
'Samantha has to nip off now to meet the Hairy Bikers...They'll light the candle then Samantha will blow them out in the garden.'

'Samantha has got to go off early to meet an entomologist friend who's been showing her his collection of winged insects. They've already covered his bees and wasps and tonight she's hoping to go through his flies.'

'Samantha has to nip out to the House of Lords with her constituency friend. He's looking for support for his MP who's facing expulsion, and Samantha says it's important to have a good peer if his member's likely to be out.'

'Samantha has to nip off to the National Opera where she's been giving private tuition to the singers. Having seen what she did to the baritone, the director is keen to see what she might to for a tenor.'

'Samantha's just started keeping bees and already has three dozen or so. She says she's got an expert handler coming round to give a demonstration. He'll carefully take out her 38 bees and soon have them flying round his head.'

'Samantha has to go now as she's off to meet her Italian gentleman friend who's taking her out for an ice cream. She says she likes nothing better than to spend the evening licking the nuts off a large Neapolitan.'

'Samantha tells me she has to pop out now as she does a few chores for an elderly gentleman who lives nearby. She shows him how to use the washing machine and then goes out to prune his fruit trees. Later he'll be hanging out his pyjamas as he watches her beaver away up the ladder.'

'After tasting the meat pies, Samantha said she liked Mr Dewhurst's beef in ale, although she preferred his tongue in cider.'
'Samantha has had to leave early to meet her boyfriend who has been phoning persistently and angrily, wanting to know when she will arrive. She's confident that she'll be able to handle his testy calls'

'Samantha is meeting an impecunious elderly wine merchant of recent acquaintance for dinner. He has sold most of his stock to stay solvent and has only a Semillon, but Samantha is confident that she'll be able to get him to splash out ...'

Steve

Threads are even better when they go off topic sometimes.

Lizs Daughter took delivery of 12 rescue hens yesterday so I'm beeing force fed videos of bok boks all day

Threads are even better when they go off topic sometimes.

Lizs Daughter took delivery of 12 rescue hens yesterday so I'm beeing force fed videos of bok boks all day
'Keep your pecker up, Kev', as Humph might have said ... :) 'Samantha might be able to come up with a cockatoo ...' Just need to shoehorn in a tenuous reference to lighting the coop with a candle and mopping up the liquid tallow to use 'andwax off in the dark' and that's the hat trick, to give me the match ball [which may be a dance or a raffle ...]

Steve

'Keep your pecker up, Kev', as Humph might have said ... :) 'Samantha might be able to come up with a cockatoo ...' Just need to shoehorn in a tenuous reference to lighting the coop with a candle and mopping up the liquid tallow to use 'andwax off in the dark' and that's the hat trick, to give me the match ball [which may be a dance or a raffle ...]

Steve
Pecker is very much up Steve, She's just setting off to see them, daft tart, so I'll be bored to death with her videos later, no doubt I can find a comment which will stop that.

Sad though that has to sell his house in Ledesma France just up the road from our friends gite / home, we'll miss him and Lil as will the many bikers who have used the gite. And now he's got the dreaded 'C'. Why do these things happen to the nicest of folks?
What am I talking about! Ledesma is in Spain!! I meant Ladivy
Stupid boy!

I have just started by putting together a Hive and a "Nuke" and inherited bits and bobs from a retired beekeeper neighbour. I'm now hoping to capture a swarm as its not likely anyone would give a viable colony away these days.
So far there have been some interest shown by scout bees (the ones with neckachiefs and woggles) so fingers crossed the colony might come to me.
K ;)
I don't but one of my neighbours does. I see him parked in random places in the area and apparently relocating his hives?

K ;)
My neighbours have a colony in their chimney 2nd year so established , can’t get anyone to remove it cos they’re all frightened of heights lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back