Best sites/aires app forum

Carrerasax

Best sites/aires app forum

si what’s the best system to use.

lots of folk seem to find unusual places to stop on camper contact and full app is only £5

i have aires book and motorhomer membership as well as Acsi!! And park for the night.

where do you stop and remember to use them all!!

also never uploaded them all to sat nav! Is it easy to do?

help please!

normally i only use our POIs or camperstop but i was persuaded this year to download park4night a free app it’s wonderful i think they have utilised camping car infos database as most reviews are in french but even the free version is better than anything else available

P4N is a French company whereas C Contact is Dutch. Have been using both of a few years. P4N has much more content and reviews are often translated to English. Certainly here in Greece P4N has loads, and I mean loads, more places that CC or Campingcars-infos.
Bought Camperstop for the first time this year, and was surprised how many unofficial sites it contains.
Ive never paid extra to loads the POIs onto a map, I just use the offline app.

We use Camper Contact and ACSI. You can’t have or you don’t need them all, and these two along with WC poi meet all our needs.

I use the WC PoIs in UK, they are loaded onto my sat nav. When I was in France I used a combination of them + the search for sites website, which was easy to use on my phone. I believe they are developing an app as well.

Just Camper Contact and CC Infos for me. I have the offline version of CC Infos but its dead easy to use the full online versions now with wifi and no roaming charges so I never bother with apps. Just use a full size laptop then I can play around with streetview, google maps etc at the same time. Its all translated on both as well.

Is WC poi worth the £25 as additional to the rest?

I should preface our answer with the fact that we do not use campsites, only Aires/Stellplatz and wild spots and also we all searching online, as we have a good Gb contract.

Thus our needs might be different from others.

We start with deciding the area we want to be in for the next few days.

We have an old version of All the Aires and give it a quick once-over, but do not stop there.

Next choce is campingcarsinfos. Followed by Camper Contact, searchforsites and park4night.

We do not trawl through all of them - just as far through them as we need to find what we like. Usually go as far as having an alternative to first choice, in case we do not like/is full/now has barrier etc.

Also for alternatives we do some I-spying in the last few kms before our target stop for any other possibilities, so we can double-back if necessary.

If a spot is 'just OK', but not ideal, we will drive on, but not far, to find something better, knowing we can return to the OK one.

Geoff

Sometimes go old school but instead of using paper maps use maps.me, always download the area we are visiting, excellent for planning. I look for car parks near lakes and rivers, down dead end roads, etc. This was our main method when we did three weeks in Poland. Also sometimes use this approach in other countries.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back