Beware Spam Texts.

Pauljenny

Have received a text regarding a shipment that I've ordered.
From DPD.
Asking me to click on a link so that they can confirm my details.
I checked with the only 2 sites, I've organised regular deliveries from .
Neither use DPD.
I've done some checking and find these are phishing scams, they infect your phone with malware..
Anything suspicious, DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK.
Just forward it to 7726...
Then block and delete it.

P.S.
My tecchie son confirms this.
And tells me 7726, on an old keypad, spells....
S-P-A-M

Your son is absolutely correct, Paul:

Screenshot_20210424-220509.jpg

I had no idea!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Recently both myself and my wife have had texts from "HSBC" advising us of a fraudulent transaction on our account and to log in on the link provided to sort ASAP.

Ah...if only we banked with HSBC!

I had a very professional recorded phone call at 8am, telling me that, " Owing to illegal activity, they would be cancelling my internet connection... If I wanted to talk to a technician, to prevent this, just dial 1."
This was on Jenny's 20 year old phone, that we use as an occasional walkie talkie, and never was internet capable.
I didn't even have chance to to tell the recorded voice to "*"*' Off.

It's a UK number.. I've blocked it.

Received one today telling me I had missed information on the recent censor and I risk £1000 fine if I don't reply 😛

I had a very professional recorded phone call at 8am, telling me that, " Owing to illegal activity, they would be cancelling my internet connection... If I wanted to talk to a technician, to prevent this, just dial 1."
This was on Jenny's 20 year old phone, that we use as an occasional walkie talkie, and never was internet capable.
I didn't even have chance to to tell the recorded voice to "*"*' Off.

It's a UK number.. I've blocked it.

We have had several of these all from different UK numbers. Lots to block. :)

Had a new one around 10 mins ago.

An automated call from "VISA" telling me that 2 transactions had been put though on my VISA card this morning: one for £400 to Amazon and one for £700 to Western Union. They voice said they were ringing as I had never dealt with WU before. Dial 1 for blah 2 for more blah etc etc.

Shame that I don't even have a VISA card really....

I had a text a couple of days ago purporting to be from parcelforce informing me of an undeliverable item with a link to click onto to rearrange delivery. Clear a scam as my OH will tell anyone I never buy anything! Also I recently received a very officious pre recorded call telling me that because of unpaid tax legal proceedings are due to begin against me unless of course I speak with them now to arrange payment.
Don't you just wish these people would turn their talents to something helpful and positive.

I've had recorded phone calls supposedly from BT about my landline and internet being cut off due to them causing problems on the servers and to press 1 to be put through to technician, I pressed 1 and when the guy answered I asked what he wanted since I'd had a phone call and to press 1 to be connected so what do you want, he put the phone down, I've also had them from HMRC (income tax fraud) one saying that my National Insurance number was being suspended due to me committing some sort of fraud, I report them and block the numbers. I've never clicked on any of the links, too risky!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back