Bit of a rip off....

RoaminRog

Parked over the weekend at Sainte Maure de Toraine, waiting for the vet to open this morning, so Max could have the ‘procedure’ before the crossing on Thursday.
Was a little deflated to receive the bill. We supplied the tablet, but she still managed to charge us €35.50 to just stamp his passport!
I think they saw us coming!

Probably nothing personal,Rog?
Those sleek, black Mercs and Audis, don't come cheap.
Anything that you legally have to have, doesn't either.
Safe travels

Speaking to someone yesterday who needed to consult a vet during lockdown. She was told a phone consultation would cost £45.😲😲😲

You may as well have the satisfaction of telling those chancers just what you think of them if you are paying - it kind of makes it better value somehow!

Parked over the weekend at Sainte Maure de Toraine, waiting for the vet to open this morning, so Max could have the ‘procedure’ before the crossing on Thursday.
Was a little deflated to receive the bill. We supplied the tablet, but she still managed to charge us €35.50 to just stamp his passport!
Ow much!!!! I think Max is the only member of the family keeping an eye on your budget. I remember cycling to Aldi to collect his €3 biscuits whilst others in the family were having restaurant meals.
Stay safe you two. See you later in the year.

Speaking to someone yesterday who needed to consult a vet during lockdown. She was told a phone consultation would cost £45.😲😲😲
Aye, we were told the same by our vets when we needed to discuss one of our cats. To be fair mind, that was way back in April and we have never had an invoice.

Ow much!!!! I think Max is the only member of the family keeping an eye on your budget. I remember cycling to Aldi to collect his €3 biscuits whilst others in the family were having restaurant meals.
Stay safe you two. See you later in the year.
We know how to have a good time Steve👍

And what about the £40 the Chunnel wants each time we go abroad, where’s the fare-ness in that?
We still can’t understand what that is for. They sit in the van, not even allowed to get out, no trouble to anybody, I think somebody woke up one morning and thought ‘how’s this for a nice little earner’.

We stoped at a aire in March a man took his dog to the vet and yes they had their own tablet it was free !!! Will look it up now Rog. That was when most where running back to the Uk beginning of the scare.

Buchy free aire with water and empty.
Just north Rouen, we then used the toll to get to Calais about hour and half. The vet has good reviews. Maybe next time and they speak english always an advantage.

736BC147-0FEF-4866-8618-39A94F263EC8.png528750BF-6571-4676-A1E1-6C05D8F58B9C.png

Stopped at Buchy many times...don't arrive at school muster times, especially in the afternoon, the area is chocker with cars, buses, taxis full of kids.
And the water is 'pay for'...dumping is free.
Nice quiet stop though..highly recommended.

regards
Allen

We’ve always paid around the same. If you’ve got it any cheaper, then you were lucky. Just think how much it would cost if a solicitor were to stamp a legal document for you!
Or come to that, a UK vet....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back