Blackbird take off

The wet floor in the hanger was fuel dripping from the tanks.
Correct, new a chap some years back who was stationed in the place where they were, he said big puddle under them, tanks and expanion joints closed with heat at altitude also had to be refueled at about 30.000 feet for there long trip.

I heard it a few years ago but well worth repeating Bill :D :D

Reactions: 2cv
When I look at this plane, place it in it's birth decade and look at all the other plane designs of it's era, I can't stop wandering about Roswell and a lot of reverse engineering or even worse, direct alien cooperation :cool:. The same with the electronic evolution timeline :whistle:

When I look at this plane, place it in it's birth decade and look at all the other plane designs of it's era, I can't stop wandering about Roswell and a lot of reverse engineering or even worse, direct alien cooperation :cool:. The same with the electronic evolution timeline :whistle:
Change your name to W.T.F.

Here are a gathering of alien craft at Dayton Ohio.

IMG_0562.jpeg

I remember a story from 2 blackbird (IRC) pilots. Doing MK2 over the Atlantic they were asked to change course because of their proximity to Concorde that was also flying transatlantic on a similar route. Although several miles apart the 2 planes were basically flying side by side for a while, the American Blackbird pilots were actually quite humbled by the fact that their aircraft contained just 2 people wearing something akin to a space suit and being mask fed oxygen while Concorde contained over a hundred, dressed in everyday clothes and were fine dining and drinking champagne.

Back