Blinds

JJC

Hi all, I have a 2006 autotrail Dakota with the seitz type concertina blinds.
I was wondering if anyone knew.
1, where to source this type of blind material from, or,
2, where to get the roller type with springs (like flyscreen) cheaply so I can renew.
Thanks

It's called a spring motor I had ten on ebay last year no interest so I binned them

[f the blind has no tension you can normally replace the small plastic catch available from jacksons about 4 quid each

spring motor that indicates its electric by definision are you sure about this ?????

I had to buy one years ago motor is misleading maybe because it drives the blind up but It is what they used to be called, the link is an example of what you need, not sure on the size but you have one to compare to. you can if you're dextrous enough actually retention them but it is very fiddly.

This is quite a good video for retensioning the spring if yours is not broken, not done it this way as I just went for it and used needle nosed pliers, this method looks so much better.

The later S5 concertina one look a nightmare to repair

Hi all,
I don't think I made myself clear on this.
At present the blinds are the paperish concertina type of blind, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get this material from so i could renew them myself or alternatively the roller type of blind.
I have had a window unit off & can see the recesses at the blind end like at the flynet end that I assume could then take a roller blind ( although I'm not 100% sure).
any help would be much appreciated.
thanks.

No idea where you'd get the concertina material, it's pretty unique, there are other blind type that use it domestically, such as inside double glazed panes but not for van, Dometic is the place to contact, but it might mean buying a complete new unit, or at least the internal half of the clam shell.

The roller type should be easier to find, but Try Jackson Leisure.

Hi all,
I don't think I made myself clear on this.
At present the blinds are the paperish concertina type of blind, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get this material from so i could renew them myself or alternatively the roller type of blind.
I have had a window unit off & can see the recesses at the blind end like at the flynet end that I assume could then take a roller blind ( although I'm not 100% sure).
any help would be much appreciated.
thanks.
I suggest you have a chat with the exceptionally helpful people up at Magnum Motorhomes who sell these blinds/windows after all they do have a large spare parts department https://magnummotorhomes.co.uk/
In all of my very many years of playing around with caravans as well as self building, I have never come across a more helpful and generally professional company as this!

Phil

Update.
Magnum motorhomes, Autotrail, leisureshop direct, jacksons.
None do the paper type of honeycomb blind material :(

I will have to try an autotrail dealer

Have you looked to see how you might repair it?

And I don't think you have said what the actual problem is/

it's a 2006 model so looking tatty with age. I was just going to replace the material. I've had 1 stripped down already and it's quite simple once you manage to get the cords fed back through the handle.
So in essence just a tidy up really and they are starting to let light in through wear.

Yes one of mine was starting to tear on the outside part, it's a sandwich, I think they're made out of a paper based fabric, I used some of that iron on trouser hemming stuff to repair it, Liz held a bit of ply on the inside while I ironed it from outside, then to smarten it up I got a very close match of cellulose paint made up in a rattle can and gave it a few gentle coats, it looked pretty good when I'd done plenty of masking up though, I'd take the window right out if doing it again.

Good thinking Pudsey, as a Yorkshireman I don't like spending money - it's all mine :)
I will look into the spray pain option

I don't mind spending my money in Yorkshire, there's half a chance I might see it again.

Funny you should bring it up, Liz is on WhatsApp with her sister in North Carolina about Yorkshire phrases and sayings, my fave is:-

Some folk were born in Yorkshire, Some folk wish they were born in Yorkshire, and some folk have no ambition at all..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back