Blown air heating

Campervanannie

I have blown air heating in my Rapidowhich has 6 vents they all blow hot apart from the one at the front near the seating area and no matter how high I have the heating on it still blows cold air out, my question is can I temporarily block the vent until I can get it looked at by a professional.

I have blown air heating in my Rapidowhich has 6 vents they all blow hot apart from the one at the front near the seating area and no matter how high I have the heating on it still blows cold air out, my question is can I temporarily block the vent until I can get it looked at by a professional.
Perhaps the air hose has become detached at the boiler or intermediate joint.

I have put tape over that vent for now as it is bitterly cold here in Northumberland tonight already white crunchy grass.

Best of luck! Things always go wrong on cold wet nights, never when it is nice and warm
Yes I know and it’s so icy outside but we still have 5 working vents.

If you try it with the blower off, you'll know if it's the fan blowing or air from outside.
Have a glass of summat warming and snuggle down (y)

We had similar on the shower room vent in our last Frankia. I found that one of the air hoses had come off at the boiler. I eventually managed to get it back on but it was a b****r to get to! Well worth it though because the shower room was the warmest part of the van afterwards. Good luck with it.
Tony

Thanks Tony I will have a look when we get home and we are warm Chris but are at the moment having a nice cup of Ainsley Harriet’s wild mushroom cuppa soup Bill is having mulligatawny and the van is 18 deg at the moment way to warm for me but we have to keep Mr Campervanannie happy ??

Brrr - 18 degrees! That's what mine at home is set at during the day and it's too cold unless I'm doing housework or something energetic.

Years ago, i had a problem in a caravan - but the offending "blower hole" wasn't blowing cold or hot. When I looked in the bed locker, the hose had come off.

Did you get this sorted Annie, if so what was the cause? I agree 18 degrees is a bit too much if constant, send you to sleep :)

Did you get this sorted Annie, if so what was the cause? I agree 18 degrees is a bit too much if constant, send you to sleep :)
Just blocked it off with Gaffa tape until I can get under the seats and wardrobe to see if the pipe has come off somewhere.

Hi

What length is your MH or more importantly, how far is the vent from the heat source? We have an Autotrail Comanche and the blow from our front vent is akin to the best efforts of an asthmatic hamster who smokes 40 a day!! The Comanche is 8.7m long and the run to the front vent is too far from the source imho.

We carry a 1.5kw oil filled radiator for the front for use in winter. It has a timer so we set it for an hour before we get up...so are nice and toasty!

Graham :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back