Blown Over

Ooh err, I've seen this few times but not realised it was near Shieldaig. We're on our way there now.:oops:
Perhaps the more experienced would have found a more sheltered spot, but it must have been terrifying, they are lucky to be alive.

We've been a bit worried when up on Skye a couple of times and moved to a more sheltered place.

Is that the new road Bill enroute to Applecross with Rassay in the distance?
Terry, it’s Raasay not Rassay!! I know because our 1 year old grandson in Penicuik is called Raasay. Brilliant name because gifts seem to be Raasay gin and whisky! His dad now wishes he’d given him the middle name of Talisker!!

Terry, it’s Raasay not Rassay!! I know because our 1 year old grandson in Penicuik is called Raasay. Brilliant name because gifts seem to be Raasay gin and whisky! His dad now wishes he’d given him the middle name of Talisker!!
Oops, my mistook Tony. I’ve only stood on the island once to degass after diving a wreck near there many years ago.

I like the unusual use of Island names to name a child, Iona is a favourite. It would be cruel parents to name a child after to rock island of Muckle Flugga. 😳

Aye, and the real locals, or those still living, still call it the new road, constructed last century.
I fully understand. The 'new bridge' in Hereford has been open for nearly 60 years.
Am I right in remembering that the land belongs to the family that owned Embassy tobacco, and they paid for the Applecross road to be built?

I fully understand. The 'new bridge' in Hereford has been open for nearly 60 years.
Am I right in remembering that the land belongs to the family that owned Embassy tobacco, and they paid for the Applecross road to be built?
I don’t know the raid history, although I assume construction paid for by local council or the then Scottish Office. If Embassy were involved, I wonder how many coupons were used? 😂

It has always disgusted me how appalling badly assembled these substandard things are, absolutely death traps the renters are very lucky to have not been badly injured. Just imagine what all that flimsy debris would have done to them in a real accident.

I work on lots of ex Ambulances all the modern box bodied modular vans are assembled using materials and techniques that don’t fly apart in an accident and more importantly they are designed to stay in one piece during a roll over.
Many have built in roll cages

What a shame motor caravan converters consider poor build standards a bit of bling and a high price tag far more important than customer safety!

While licence limits drivers to 3.5t its not going to improve.

Reactions: 2cv
Back