Booking Eurotunnel.

Vanterrier

Do any of you experienced Eurotunnel users know if I can book the tunnel via the CAMC and get a members 10% discount and still pay part of the fare with Tesco Vouchers?
I have £50 vouchers so = £150 towards fare I believe?

Heading off early September so will probably cross first Thursday mid-day and return on a Tuesday around a month later. That's as far as we like to tie things down until we make the actual booking ;)

Thanks for any advice as its ten years since we last crossed so it's a bit of an adventure for us.

K ;)

If you can be flexible with times the saving is greater than 10% if you book a later or early time slot rather than midday.
We tend to book a crossing after 10pm and head to Cité Europe for our first night. We often arrive a few hours early and get put on an earlier train which can give us time to drive somewhere a little more picturesque.

You have to book direct with Eurotunnel so you would not be able to use the vouchers with CAMC. You are also travelling at peak time so it would be the most expensive slots,
If you could travel after 7 in the evening and stay at Cite Europe it will be significantly cheaper, same on the way back travel around 9ish in the morning is much cheaper.

Thanks for the advice chaps. I have now booked direct with Eurotunnel and am happy with the return fares of £234 with £150 off with Tesco vouchers just £84 to pay
Cant complain at that eh?
Looking forward to trip now.
K ;)

just booked direct with tunnel so easy now compared to ten years ago on tesco clubcard page select travel/tunnel/ even enters vouchers for you select ones required saving latest dates lol click confirm within 5 minutes e mail with details of voucher no etc and phone no to call really is painless by the time you go should only be about £100 each way so almost there, one important thing is you must book at least a fortnight in advance so you only have

sorry folks had done message above then realised i hadn’t posted so click then saw already booked dohhh

i’ll try & redeem myself on your confirmation e mail is a link to Advanced passenger information just need passports of passengers and 5 minutes API save time at folkstone

Yes have now filled in API info to save time later.
I agree the tesco element was very easy to do online but being deaf as a post the eurotunnel bit was the usual nightmare to do on the phone. The assistant was very helpful and efficient but why dont they allow this to be done online?
The world is deafist (if that is a word?)
K ?

...and it costs to ring them even from a landline!

It's not a freephone number!

Graham
smile.gif

Thanks for that

I'll make a ntre and try it next time

Its a right pain when you are kept on hold in a queue and are paying for the privilege!

Graham
smile.gif

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back