Boom

Dee

I had a scary experience last week.

I filled up my LPG, cooking and heating but thought mmm I only pay a tenner not sixteen quid. Trundled along, stopped for a coffee, lit the gas, shit, flames to the cupboards. Then sound of gas escaping from the cooker controls.

Shit, turned off valves, opened door, and tried to get my thoughts in order.

Was due some work with a Highlandcampervans who suggested David, mobile motorhome fixer, to see if he could fit me in. What a star, calmed me down, told me exactly what was happening (liquid gas coming through), and what needed to be done (take the liquid gas off) and that he would feel safe driving the half an hour needed to get to Nairn. He then took the extra liquid gas off ( which might have been a surprise to the local yoof had they flicked a ciggie out their car window) Well worth the price and peace of mind.

So, not risking running out of gas and needing a refill, am staying at Nairn CCC, the managers have been wonderful, everything is wonderful as my home hasn’t blown up, and hopefully will be fixed next week.

Not sure they know what the problem is but as the mechanic has just been on a LPG course, I’m sure it will be fixed.

It’s lovely when everyone knows everyone and just goes that extra mile ?

Phew! Thank goodness you're OK... the van too. Terrifying experience! Will you let us know please when they track down what caused it? The bit about the system taking far more gas than you'd expected is a good tip and I'll be keeping an eye on that for sure. Safe travels.

Phew! Thank goodness you're OK... the van too. Terrifying experience! Will you let us know please when they track down what caused it? The bit about the system taking far more gas than you'd expected is a good tip and I'll be keeping an eye on that for sure. Safe travels.
Will do as they were saying safety systems should have caught it, may be a flow thingy but yes will update when fixed. ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back