Breakdown and Recovery Companies

Rdodds4647

Please can anyone recommend a breakdown Company that will cover the weight of my motorhome which is 3650 kg. Most only go to 3500 kg.

Thank you

Bob

We get ours with our MH insurance as we are 5t. I think its DAC from memory via my AIB Insurance (Comfort Insurance use the same lot as well I think).

Might be worth remembering that for when your insurance is up as it could work out cheaper to get both together.

Thank you everyone, I do get the cover through my current insurance. Which is through Comfort. However I was shopping around with other insurance companies to try and get a cheaper quote, however most only cover breakdown and recovery up to 3500 kg. Looks like I will be staying with my current company. Regards to all and stay safe Bob

Reactions: 2cv
Had ours with Arrival for years, it was a 9 metre 6leg so when we needed recovery it had to go as a commercial. Always had Good service though sometimes you have to wait longer for a suitable vehicle.

Ours with Safeguard who use AA, the van Hymer on 5 tonne Sprinter chassis when we had it recovered from near Canterbury it was a private recovery company contracted to AA Commercial.

Thank you everyone, I do get the cover through my current insurance. Which is through Comfort. However I was shopping around with other insurance companies to try and get a cheaper quote, however most only cover breakdown and recovery up to 3500 kg. Looks like I will be staying with my current company. Regards to all and stay safe Bob

Sorry, just spotted this, hope I'm not too late but AIB (mentioned above) will cover the MH over 3500kg. We have our insurance with them and we are 5000kg. I think the recovery is with DAC.

Don't insure with AIB however if you want them to post your documents out to you. It took me 6 weeks and several lies from them before I could get hold of mine!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back