Breakdown cover abroad

Jinksy

Free Member

Hi all, new to all this, just found out my bank breakdown cover only covers vehicles up to 5.5mtr,mine is 7mtr off to Europe soon any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks Neil

AA Multi Trip European Cover cost £106, net of Member Discount, for up to 7.5m [IIRC; ours is 5.99m] and up to and including 3500kg [got this in writing because policy wording said 'under 3500kg' and I pointed out that cover could not be given for the bog standard M/Home ...

Steve

AIB breakdown insurance is great for value and cover. I don’t know if you can buy it as a standalone policy or if it’s only available as an add on to the van insurance?

Change your account to NationWide FlexPlus: it covers upto 8m and 7.5T. It costs £13 pm BUT I think they are offering a £100 if you switch from a different bank: that will give you almost 8 months "free" ;)

Gordon

(Once upon a time they used to also give £100 to members who recommended you but sadly that has stopped :()

Hi all, new to all this, just found out my bank breakdown cover only covers vehicles up to 5.5mtr,mine is 7mtr off to Europe soon any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks Neil
Ask your van insurers

We get ours with the insurance from Safeguard

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back