Breakdown cover for older vehicle advice

Mr and Mrs Tupcox

Hi just brought a volvo xc 90 2.4 2004 can not find a breakdown cover for vehicles over 10 years old .recomendations

Hi just brought a volvo xc 90 2.4 2004 can not find a breakdown cover for vehicles over 10 years old .recomendations
If you’re a member of CCC, you can subscribe to RAC Arrival, which will provide breakdown cover, whichever vehicle you’re driving at the time. We use it for the van and for the car and when we arrange insurance, we simply leave off breakdown cover, makes premiums more affordable.
Their European breakdown cover includes full repatriation for us and the motorhome, even though we gross at 3800kg, to our choice of address in the UK.

The C&MH Club have something similar to the CCC, called Mayday, through Green Flag. It says no age restriction on the website.

My D reg Nissan Cabstar is insured for breakdown with Asda Insurnce ( Brittania breakdown ).
I have called them out in the past no problem.
As long as I continue to run the policy my vehicle is covered. I have additional personal cover for any vehicle I travel in.
All for £110 a year.I think it is good value.

Last edited:

AA.

What vehicles do we cover?​

Our breakdown cover includes most cars of any age (including classic cars), vans, motorbikes, caravans, and campervans. Your vehicle must be under 3.5 tonnes and 8ft 3in (2.55m) wide.

If you’re a member of CCC, you can subscribe to RAC Arrival, which will provide breakdown cover, whichever vehicle you’re driving at the time. We use it for the van and for the car and when we arrange insurance, we simply leave off breakdown cover, makes premiums more affordable.
Their European breakdown cover includes full repatriation for us and the motorhome, even though we gross at 3800kg, to our choice of address in the UK.
+1

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back