Brittany ferries/payments due

St3v3

Hi,

We have a sailing booked in August, and there is a final payment due in a couple of weeks. I don't want to pay that until I know we're allowed to travel, so has anyone got any experience of how they are handling that situation?

Ta.

My take on it would be to amend your booking for later in the year if you don't want to go in August that will depend on what ticket you bought there's 3 options now. If your happy to go in August or can't amend your booking you'll have to pay the final payment then if They cancel you'll get a refund

I want to go, but paying them for something there is every chance they can't give me seems unfair lol

I want to go, but paying them for something there is every chance they can't give me seems unfair lol
Pay using a payment method that gives the best cover (Credit Card I guess?)

They've been refunding all sailings They cancel they at first only offered vouchers valid for 2 yrs but changed that to a cash refund some weeks ago so if your happy to go, Pay the final payment or lose your deposit.
As your happy to go I hope their sailing by then personally I don't think we'll be going over this year unless its a Nov sailing

Yes on the Martin Lewis show he says you must pay or you are breaking the contract and you will not get a refund and as others have said pay on credit card so you double your protection but they are refunding eventually if you cannot go due to travel restrictions.

For anyone considering travelling it’s important to remember that FCO advice remains not to travel abroad so any travel insurance will be invalid. It appears that for the foreseeable future insurance will not cover anything covid 19 related.

I had a booking I made after lockdown to return back to the UK from Santander in May, that Brittany ended up cancelling, so we chose to travel via France and the tunnel, Brittany offered us a voucher instead of a refund.

I emailed them saying this was not acceptable, but got another response saying that they would not refund, lucky for me I had paid for the booking with my Nationwide credit card, so I made a claim through them, took about 4 weeks, but I received my money back from the credit card company, I have had it drummed into me from my pal who is a barrister to always use my credit card for anything we purchase over £100.00, this is the first time I have ever needed to use this option.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back