Brittany Ferries RCN

Ardachaidh

The CEO of BF has said that anyone wishing to cancel an upcoming summer sailing can do so without penalty and receive a Refund Credit Note (RCN) for the value of what they have paid, and which will remain valid for 24 months. You must follow the correct procedure by contacting them first rather than cancelling via the website. This may be a limited time offer. You can also amend your sailing without charge. (https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/information/coronavirus/ceo-message)

We were booked to sail last weekend and moved it to September some weeks ago before the sailing was cancelled by BF. But I have now cancelled that sailing and have an RCN to use on our next trip. They also extended the Club Voyage membership for 2 months.

Personally, I think it's a good offer for anyone who doesn't want to sail just now but will do so when it's safe.

This post is just for information.

The link is pay to view - what does it say?
The offer may be okay if BF remains in business.
I'm afraid that if I had a booking I'd wait until they cancel and take the money.

The link is pay to view - what does it say?
The offer may be okay if BF remains in business.
I'm afraid that if I had a booking I'd wait until they cancel and take the money.
It says that if they cancel your sailing you get a refund but if you cancel your sailing you get a voucher

We have booked a trip out to Roscoff on the 1st. September, it is a flexi ticket and only the deposit has been taken. I considered it worthwhile for a couple of reasons. It give us something to look forward to even if it has to be postponed. It shows a certain faith in the company who have always been very fair with us in the past when circumstances changed beyond our control. At least this way both parties get a slight lift of spirits!

And you get the price fixed!
There may be a rush once travel opens up again.

We have booked a trip out to Roscoff on the 1st. September, it is a flexi ticket and only the deposit has been taken. I considered it worthwhile for a couple of reasons. It give us something to look forward to even if it has to be postponed. It shows a certain faith in the company who have always been very fair with us in the past when circumstances changed beyond our control. At least this way both parties get a slight lift of spirits!

I was happy to take an RCN as I will sail again at some point, and it helps BF with cash flow. It's not in my interest if they sink (financially, that is).

Had a email today all BF sailings cancelled until June the 1st

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back