Brownhills

silverweed

Does Brownhills do body work and if so can any one tell me if they have had any dealings with them in this field. Would you recommend them or did you have issues.
I am getting to the point where I just want to cry!
After being broken into I have spent the last two months with a recommended body repair shop trying to source a replacement Hymer door. With no success it has been decided the door will have to come from Germany at a cost of £5000. The original body shop is saying this is too expensive for them to fund and then wait for reimbursement from insurance. The paperwork from Hymer for all the measurements and details is in German and even the native speaker I asked has no idea what it is asking for. I just don’t know where to go next. It is now eight weeks since the incident and we have not moved forward at all. Hymer say 6-8 weeks for delivery and then of course the work to install. WHAT DO I NEED TO DOF87AF52D-CEBC-4345-A7F5-13653AAB8CCC.jpeg53E41BBE-2155-413F-802A-2713D9A4DE77.jpeg

This Company could make you a door to fit your van, if you look at the Standard Habitation Door it says underneath in red
door.png
Available in two colour options as standard, plain aluminium or white. Black Caraloc 400 fitted.
21.5"w x 72"h
547mm x 1831mm
Any other size made to measure.

Thank you Tezza, another one to look into. I also will need the door frame and fly screen but assume they will be able to do that too

Try googling Hartal caravan products.
If my memory serves me correctly, you should get a link to .. Miracle Products
Ask for Lee Farthing...
He's a mine of information.

I had 2 dealings with them, wasn't impressed and walked away .
I never wanted to go back for a 3rd.

S & L. These guys were really good when someone ran down the side of our MH . They are in Kirkby in Ashfield but they travel all over collecting vehicles. They needed parts for ours and spent ages trying to get Brownhills to answer the simple question of when will the parts arrive from Swift. Eventually someone let the cat out of the bag and said they had never been ordered which was why they had no idea when they would arrive.

I will contact Travelworld tomorrow and see what they have to say. Maybe I should also ask has anyone had any dealings with them and how did they find them

Does Brownhills do body work and if so can any one tell me if they have had any dealings with them in this field. Would you recommend them or did you have issues.
I am getting to the point where I just want to cry!
After being broken into I have spent the last two months with a recommended body repair shop trying to source a replacement Hymer door. With no success it has been decided the door will have to come from Germany at a cost of £5000. The original body shop is saying this is too expensive for them to fund and then wait for reimbursement from insurance. The paperwork from Hymer for all the measurements and details is in German and even the native speaker I asked has no idea what it is asking for. I just don’t know where to go next. It is now eight weeks since the incident and we have not moved forward at all. Hymer say 6-8 weeks for delivery and then of course the work to install. WHAT DO I NEED TO DOView attachment 53508View attachment 53509
i have hurd they do van over 5 years old,so be careful, all the best.ok pj

I believe that Brownhills don't work on any van that has not been supplied by them. They will sell spares etc but doubt they will fit them for you.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back