Burstner drop down bed

norman64

Free Member

Hi, Looking for some help with our Burstner 726g drop down bed. We lowered the bed down, used it overnight. When wanting to lift it back up, turned the key no power so moved it up into place with the hand key. Looking in the Burstner manual think I might have overloaded the bed, the only information the manual says is to replace the fuses next to the bed motor did that still no power.

After that, it states get in contact with your dealer.
( O god no ever again I can not do that, OO no no I do not want to go there ever )

Looking on the internet some Burstner owners say you just reset the load limit.
HOW do I reset the load limit ???
Had this van for three years, first time out this year in it & first time that the drop-down bed has ever been used.

E LINE BED LIFTING PROJECT 2000 looked on there web site but can not find anything to download.
1558883760608.png

User manual here http://www.project-2000.it/site/manuali/man_12600.pdf

Scroll down to page 22 for English. Think yours is in section 5.3.4
If the bed goes back to front- as my 590 does this might work - if you half lower the bed and and open a side window you will see a wooden panel on the side of the bed - remove this and you will find the motor and a pair of fuses- check they are secure and not blown. Mine had the same problem and I found a slack fuse. Tamper with other settings at your peirl/pearl/perl/etc

How did you get on Norman ?
No further forward Wooie, it just told me that it has a ( motor protection system ) sent a text to Burstner Germany but they are on holiday till the 5th June. As I said we never use the bed, but still need to get it fixed thanks any way.

No further forward Wooie, it just told me that it has a ( motor protection system ) sent a text to Burstner Germany but they are on holiday till the 5th June. As I said we never use the bed, but still need to get it fixed thanks any way.

Just got an email from Burstner Germany

Bürstner GmbH & Co. KG
15:37 (2 hours ago)
to me
Hello Norman,

I discussed this issue with our technician. In fact with the drop down bed you really have to contact a dealer.
Please understand – these are electronical issues. Please understand that for security reason we cannot give just over the distance that technical advise.

With our best regards
Johanna Dufner
Customer Service - After Sales

I’ve contacted Burstner a couple of times and both times they told me to refer to my dealer, although the first time, we hadn’t bought a van yet!

I’ve contacted Burstner a couple of times and both times they told me to refer to my dealer, although the first time, we hadn’t bought a van yet!
That has made my day(y)(y), can well believe that. Don't know which is the worst dealers or Burstner all bullshit

On a good note though, we have used the drop down bed a few times and it always goes back up and everything else works perfectly.

The fuses are under the passenger seat the manual is incorrect the same happened to us. The Burstner dealer showed us where they were

The fuses are under the passenger seat the manual is incorrect the same happened to us. The Burstner dealer showed us where they were

Hi Doobray, give me more details, please I know the fuse box under the front seat. That where the isolation switch for the leisure batteries is.
But are you saying there is a septate fuse just for the bed?. As well the other 2 fuses beside the bed motor

On my 726G the fusebox was under the passenger seat and the bed fuse was in the box. The box slid out in order you could get to it. Mine is a 2016 model

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back