Burstner LED sidemarkers - help needed to source

Lemut

Free Member

Hi All,
Could anyone help me source a nearside, rear top LED sidemarker for my 2020 Burstner 727G please? A tree jumped out and attacked me, honest!
The one shown is the off side unit, with its black cover removed and then again with it fitted.
I've looked for a maker's name and can't see one anywhere. There are a few numbers on the black snap-on cover and on the two lenses (pls see pictures).
Unfortunately, the light is bonded to the van and I do not want to remove it before I have a replacement to hand.
I did contact the dealer I purchased thr van from who, as expected helpfully said they could not supply the part for a DIY job. Yes, a semi-heated discussion then took place, net result can anyone help me please?
Cheers guys.
Graham

Resizer_16632361855451.jpgResizer_16632360666041.jpgSmartSelect_20220915_111312_Gallery.jpgSmartSelect_20220915_111542_Gallery.jpgSmartSelect_20220915_111526_Gallery.jpg

Hi All,
Could anyone help me source a nearside, rear top LED sidemarker for my 2020 Burstner 727G please? A tree jumped out and attacked me, honest!
The one shown is the off side unit, with its black cover removed and then again with it fitted.
I've looked for a maker's name and can't see one anywhere. There are a few numbers on the black snap-on cover and on the two lenses (pls see pictures).
Unfortunately, the light is bonded to the van and I do not want to remove it before I have a replacement to hand.
I did contact the dealer I purchased thr van from who, as expected helpfully said they could not supply the part for a DIY job. Yes, a semi-heated discussion then took place, net result can anyone help me please?
Cheers guys.
Graham

View attachment 64425
Where abouts are you? I just ordered some parts from Halesowen Caravans in the West Midlands, very helpful. Phone 0121 550 7949 to check if he can get them, then you can use online ordering if needed and get a Royal Mail tracked delivery. Or Southdown Motorhomes are also very helpful; tel: 02392 674822 or shop@southdownsmotorhomes.co.uk. Otherwise, Pullinger Motorhomes in Essex [01787 472747], Scott Everin or Barry Pullinger are very helpful, even if their processes are a wee bit clunkier ...

Steve

Where abouts are you? I just ordered some parts from Halesowen Caravans in the West Midlands, very helpful. Phone 0121 550 7949 to check if he can get them, then you can use online ordering if needed and get a Royal Mail tracked delivery. Or Southdown Motorhomes are also very helpful; tel: 02392 674822 or shop@southdownsmotorhomes.co.uk. Otherwise, Pullinger Motorhomes in Essex [01787 472747], Scott Everin or Barry Pullinger are very helpful, even if their processes are a wee bit clunkier ...

Steve
Hi Steve,
Just south of J4 on the M42 so quite close. Thanks for the number and I'll ring Halesowen first then Essex if no joy.
Cheers mate.

Have you looked at Jokon lights, they used to be the chosen supplier to older Burstner's.

Hi Scotia,
Thanks for the info and Greengrass also point me towards a seller on ebay. Their lamps would work but I'm trying to avoid changing the unit which is not damaged.
I'll keep these as a plan B though as I have a feeling I'm going to have trouble getting a direct replacement.
Thanks again for pointing me in the direction of Jokon.
Cheers,
G

My experience of Pullingers is that they are VERY slow and the order the wrong bits.
I would advise you to try other places first.
Luckily I decided to collect the bits I needed from the Pilote factory as I could divert my route to Spain and it saved a lot on carriage, just as well as they saw the error, corrected it and even fitted the parts.

One of side markers went and it was silly money to replace the whole unit.
I removed the unit,drilled a hole in the back to remove the led and just stuck another one in.
Bit of a bodge but it works fine and screwing back the unit hides everything

Hi Webby, Thanks for your input mate.
I'd have no probs with replacing an LED but the actual fitting is smashed so unfortunately need the body of the unit.

I find CamperUK in Lincoln very good. They are Burstner main dealers and are usually very helpful. 01522 697070

Hi Owlhouse,
I'll email them a picture and see what they say. Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated.
G

If you speak to Steve Tobin in the parts department at Emmbee Motorhomes in Bury, I have always found him very good at sourcing Burstner parts. You can order over the phone for delivery. You just quote your chassis number and he can find the exact replacement. The number is 0161 797 2988

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back