Cambelt change times?

Alan Sh

Free Member

I have a 2011 Kontiki 679 with a 3l engine. I read somewhere that the cambelt should be changed at 9 years, no matter what the mileage. Ours is now 10 years old and has 12,000 miles on the clock.

So, do we have to get it changed? I've looked back through the service records and have found no mention of it. We bought it in June this year (and have added 1500 miles!!)

Thanks for any advice

Alan

I'll chat to my local dealer tomorrow then and find out a price. But I would like to know the offical view.

The Fiat Ducato Handbook for the smaller engine says change after 4 years for heavy use or 5 years for normal use - irrespective of mileage.

Try your handbook or ask a Fiat Professional garage. As said above, change it.

From 6/7 years to 60/80/ miles any vech, change it now, mine is due on my car, so next job for me.

Isn't there any official table or something that one can use to lookup what the position should be?
May or may not be.
We changed after 12 years and 48,000 miles. Overage but under mileage. From memory £450 or so plus a full service and peace of mind !

Just about to get mine done, had quotes from £1100 to £800 for belt change and full service on 2015 Ducato 2.3, Fiat professional were £1000, loads didn't even bother getting back to me.

Have been advised by Fiat Professional 5 years as motorhomes tend not to do high milage.

Have been advised by Fiat Professional 5 years as motorhomes tend not to do high milage.
I think the mileage change is 70,000? so 70k or 5 years, whichever comes sooner is the recommendation as I understand it.

Mine was replaced just over 5 years ago at 70,000 miles. Booked in for change next month at 44,000 miles so ok for miles but a bit overdue on time (delayed as needs a special tool in my case due to circumstances resulting from previous change).

I agree that time is a significant issue - I wouldn't go over 10 years on a belt.
Mine has been in 5 years, it was replaced by dealer before I bought it - presumably as 'insurance' for their warranty.
I guess it's probably due again now really - must investigate costs.

Every 40000 or 5 years which ever comes first. 10 years is really pushing it. For £350-400 it is far less than the alternative. Get it done ASAP!

Completely agree with Picket, and others. I pushed my change 2k miles past the mileage change because I was away.

When the garage changed the belt they kept the water pump back to show me just how stiff the pump had become. That was an eye opener for me, and ever after I go by the book.

Vauxhall say 100k or 10 yes for car belts.
I did my daughter's Astra @100k and was horrified at how loose it had become - really flappy.
Anyway it had survived but won't leave the new one that long without retensioning.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back