Campervan battery chargeing

David Cohen

To day I am having a battery to battery charger fitted to my camper van, so that I will be able to recharge
my 3 120 amp liesure batteries much quicker. My van is fitted with a compressor fridge and a diesel heating unit (Webasto) so in the past when without mains supply I have used a petrol generator to keep the batteries useable.
this proved to be anoying to my fellow campers also means carying supplies of petrol which can be a Hazard.
I am looking forward to more off grid camping this season.

To day I am having a battery to battery charger fitted to my camper van, so that I will be able to recharge
my 3 120 amp liesure batteries much quicker. My van is fitted with a compressor fridge and a diesel heating unit (Webasto) so in the past when without mains supply I have used a petrol generator to keep the batteries useable.
this proved to be anoying to my fellow campers also means carying supplies of petrol which can be a Hazard.
I am looking forward to more off grid camping this season.
Like you David I run a compressor fridge that I’ve run for just over 7 years now but I have 400watts of solar but unlike most I can tilt mine to what ever angle I need and it works well in the winter months.I also have 2 x 100amp lithium so If was you I’d be putting as much solar as you can get on your roof mate.
Jeff

After fitting the battery to battery charger to my van I have found supplimented with 150 w solar pannel that I can manage off grid much better. But I am now going to fit 2 100w lithium batteries to improve the performance for
off grid camping. This will involve buying a new mains charger and battery monitor. the victron units seem to be
well recomended.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back